Who killed the donkey ?

/ Who killed the donkey ? #1  

G McCall

Bronze Member
Can you believe some one killed a donkey and left it in the neighbor's field ?

What law is broken ?

Actually the story is a renter of the house on a nearby hill had a donkey and several horses. The man was evicted from the house and a neighbor let the man tie the donkey to a tree on his land. The donkey kicked the neighbor's dog and the neighbor got mad and "let the donkey go". The next day, the donkey was found dead on another adjoing neighbors land. hmmmmm And no one knows how the donkey died or how the donkey got through the gates. We see no bullet holes, but we did not turn the animal over. :confused2:

/ Who killed the donkey ? #2  
Until their is some "evidence", I.E. witness or obvious trauma like a bullet hole, I don't see any "law violation", only a dead donkey.

There may be some type of animal abuse law broken, but would depend on your local and state laws. Right now it may "look" suspicious, but it is speculation. JMO

/ Who killed the donkey ? #3  
Can you believe some one killed a donkey and left it in the neighbor's field ?

What law is broken ?

Actually the story is a renter of the house on a nearby hill had a donkey and several horses. The man was evicted from the house and a neighbor let the man tie the donkey to a tree on his land. The donkey kicked the neighbor's dog and the neighbor got mad and "let the donkey go". The next day, the donkey was found dead on another adjoing neighbors land. hmmmmm And no one knows how the donkey died or how the donkey got through the gates. We see no bullet holes, but we did not turn the animal over. :confused2:

You don't give us many details, so I'll just assume there were none. First of all, there was an agreement between the neighbor and the owner of the donkey, a contract if you will: You can tie your donkey up to a tree on my land.

Since there was no time limit, we'll assume it was for a "reasonable" time.
Secondly, what was expected of the donkey? No details; I'll assume that he was expected to act like a donkey. Is it forseeable that he would kick a dog that got too close? I would say yes. What law was broken? The law that applies to contract.

Is the neighbor liable? Maybe. We'll have to wait on the autopsy.

/ Who killed the donkey ?
yea there are very few details.....
Natural for a donkey to kick at a dog.....no blame to the donkey

The strong guess as to the facts that are apparent is the neighbor temporarly boarding the donkey got mad at the donkey kicking at his dog and most likely, with permission from the donkey's owner, "got rid" of the donkey. Said neighbor has admidded to shooting stray animals in the past. It was known several weeks ago that, the donkey's owner had no place to move the donkey to.
The County Sheriff that investigated the incident, said that sort of thing has happened before and there may be an investigation for this incident. Cruelty to animals is what the County Sheriff called it.
My conclusion above is from my observation and my adjoining neigbors conversation with the County Sheriff.
My adjoining neighbor is now convinced that his neighbor, let the donkey go onto his land through a common gate between the properties, and then shot the donkey. All doubt the donkey jumped the barbed wire fence to get onto my neighbors land.
No one confesses to know how the donkey died.
Good ole country neighbors.

/ Who killed the donkey ? #5  
Well, if the owner agreed, then there is not a contract question in my mind. Cruelty to animals is another matter; between them and the Sheriff. Can't see that killing a mule mercifully and quickly would constitute cruelty though.

As for mules jumping a fence, I believe they are perfectly capable of doing so. In fact, I believe there is a category of hunting mules that are trained to do just that.

/ Who killed the donkey ? #6  
If the “owner” had no plans to care for the mule anymore, maybe they came back and took care of it? Probably not, but maybe they should have. The only “cruelty to animals” I see an example of is the guy that tied the thing to a tree and left it there in the first place. Just so I understand, HE’S the one complaining now?

Last edited:
   / Who killed the donkey ?
If the 登wner had no plans to care for the mule anymore, maybe they came back and took care of it? Probably not, but maybe they should have. The only 田ruelty to animals I see an example of is the guy that tied the thing to a tree and left it there in the first place. Just so I understand, HE担 the one complaining now?

The man complaining is the owner of the land that the donkey was found on.
The owner of donkey as well as the owner of the land that the donkey was tied up on, could care less about the donkey. The last to named men are probably the ones that know what happened to the donkey.

/ Who killed the donkey ? #8  
Now I see, I was all messed up. I don’t see any proof of any laws being broken. Maybe tying the donkey to the tree and leaving it there, but I’m guessing there’s no proof of it now? My guess is the donkey struggled and fought until he somehow got free, but in doing so either injured himself internally, or stressed himself badly. He made his way through the fence (that’s not as good as the owner thinks), and then laid down and died.

/ Who killed the donkey ? #9  
I'm thinking alien abduction.