Driveway alternative material?

/ Driveway alternative material? #11  
This is hard to search so hope not a dupe. I'm looking for a less-dusty driveway alternative material for my 300 ft drive and add-on section of 80 ft back to the barn. Concrete is nice but too rich for me. Blacktop would work but I have to maintain it and I'm 63 years old and can't do it forever.

We have crushed small stones over a substanital base and no ruts or holes and really just plan to stay with that unless I can come up with a better idea. I have seen people use what appears to be cold recycled blacktop and it looked nice. I have also seen--on TV-- a rock and glue thing that looked pretty and didn't seen to require much care. There was also a rock and glue-- or whatever--thing that allowed the grass to go through the drive and you just mowed it. Only the tire tracks showed.

Does anyone know anything about drive alternatve materials or done any or this or know where to look?

Try looking at asphalt and concrete recycling companies. They have several choices and some have examples laid out in their yards.

Also consider slag. It is a byproduct of the steel industry and is available in some locations much cheaper than crushed rock. What I like about slag is it is very ruff and non-uniform in shape. It tends to lock together the more you drive over it. Gravel tends to be like marbles and pushes to the sides as you drive over it. Crushed rock is a little better than gravel, due to the shape, but it still moves around. Slag doesn't move nearly as much as either of those. It is a nice gray color and doesn't tend to change over the years. it is worth looking into. My father had it at his home after many years of maintaining a crushed limestone drive and that pretty much eliminated the maintenance. I have it on a 300' drive at my property. Look into it if it is available in your area. :thumbsup:

/ Driveway alternative material? #12  
here in ky, we use what they call "dense grade" that is put on a gravel driveway. (the dense grade acts as a concrete like substance, that hardens after it rains on it).