Found a coyote, I think

/ Found a coyote, I think #381  
The toy's bigger than the pup! I'll bet she loves to grab it shake her head.

Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll! We are blessed.

/ Found a coyote, I think #382  
I miss her and I never met her

/ Found a coyote, I think #383  
I have enjoyed this story, but have to say coyotes in this area are a HUGE problem. They are very aggressive, so if you want to label me as a hater without knowing my true opinion fine, but I'd like the chance to clearify. I believe they have a place, but when they get out of control and cause issue's that place needs to be adjusted. 10+ yrs ago it was nothing for us to have 30+ deer in our back yard now we're lucky if we see 4-5. We have to watch our pets, livestock and ourselves especially in the cover of darkness. We've even had them laying in wait underneith our crawl space (over 10 of them) trying to get our dogs. You have an individual story that is interesting, but for me to show sympathy towards this creature will not happen at this time until they are brought back into check. They should have a place in the wild but so shouldn't the wolf bear etc...... Humans have allready destroyed the wolf in this area which inturn caused a new breed of coyote to emerge. They are aggressive and larger then their southern cousin, they are also losing their natural fear. Do I hate them, not really, just know they have become a big pain/pest, which in away was caused by humans.

/ Found a coyote, I think #384  
The way I see it is that with the way society has grown they are not taking the place of the predators that displaced. By that I mean we diplaced the normal predators and used to hunt enough to keep the natural order, but as time passed fewer and fewer people hunt, so more of the game is building in population and closer to our nieghborhoods, which in turn brings the predators close to our homes. Now due to the lake of hunting escpecially in urban areas the predators have stayed and are preying on pets and anything else they can overpower. They have no fear of man because in the urban setting they are not being shot at or pushed as they previously would have been.

Randy

/ Found a coyote, I think #385  
I hope that everyone had a good Thanksgiving and spent time with loved ones. John it is good to see Sandy enjoying herself again, and occasionally we get to see a glimpse of her in their daily posts. They seem to try and do alot to entertain them and keep them in good health.

Randy:thumbsup:

/ Found a coyote, I think #386  
I have enjoyed this story, but have to say coyotes in this area are a HUGE problem. They are very aggressive, so if you want to label me as a hater without knowing my true opinion fine, but I'd like the chance to clearify. I believe they have a place, but when they get out of control and cause issue's that place needs to be adjusted. 10+ yrs ago it was nothing for us to have 30+ deer in our back yard now we're lucky if we see 4-5. We have to watch our pets, livestock and ourselves especially in the cover of darkness. We've even had them laying in wait underneith our crawl space (over 10 of them) trying to get our dogs. You have an individual story that is interesting, but for me to show sympathy towards this creature will not happen at this time until they are brought back into check. They should have a place in the wild but so shouldn't the wolf bear etc...... Humans have allready destroyed the wolf in this area which inturn caused a new breed of coyote to emerge. They are aggressive and larger then their southern cousin, they are also losing their natural fear. Do I hate them, not really, just know they have become a big pain/pest, which in away was caused by humans.
If coyotes are that big of a problem for me I would be shooting them every chance I got. I can't ever see my self trapping or poisoning them. Although if they harmed or killed a pet or a family member I can't say where I would be with using those tactics. Coyotes have been seen taking small children in California, so you have to assume it's a possibility anywhere.
When they get to a point where clearly there are too many they should be eradicated or otherwise kept away from your property. No difference between coyotes and rats or cockroaches at that point. You have every right to get your lifestyle/freedom back.
I am assuming they are not protected, if the law protects them, (which I've never heard of such a law) then you have to explore other options.
You are not alone with that opinion. There are lots of people on TBN that dislike coyotes.

/ Found a coyote, I think #387  
I live out in the country and we see many more coyotes than we used to. My problems is that they have killed several of my geese, coming right up to the barn during the day. I know that poultry are a coyote magnet and I have killed several coyotes over the years. I'd rather leave them alone but you do what's necessary.

A big problem is that the coyotes are coming into the towns and killing small dogs and cats.

/ Found a coyote, I think #388  
Jesse1 that was a concern of ours when we ended up with chickens( daughter thought that made a good Mothers Day present), but I found that with us having two wolves that keeps the coyotes off our property. They still roam around, but won't cross into the wolves territory. Our two have the run of the property. The male he is the youngest has an underground fence set up, only because he loves to run and didn't know where to stop, his opion was his territory was as far as he could see and he can run fast! We have never had a problem out of them they deal with the cats fine, and when the chics were outside during the day would lay beside the pen to protect them. But they definitely keep the coyotes clear.

Randy

/ Found a coyote, I think #389  
I think that if given the choice between coyotes as neighboors and people as neighboors, I'd choose the coyotes.

Worst case scenario you can shoot the coyotes if they are too intrusive.

/ Found a coyote, I think #390  
I think that if given the choice between coyotes as neighboors and people as neighboors, I'd choose the coyotes.

Worst case scenario you can shoot the coyotes if they are too intrusive.

We would make good neighbors.