What age did you start driving tractors?

/ What age did you start driving tractors? #51  
I grew up in the cab of an IH 3588 2+2 from ~4. I was cut loose with a Cub Cadet 147 @ 9 to mow yard. I think I was 12 when I finally was allowed to run the AC D17 series IV on the yard and went to the field to rake hay @ 13. By 16 , I was running the 2+2 by myself disking, mowing/hauling Hay, and pulling a 5 cubic yard scraper.

With my career, my kids haven't been around tractors much other than when we go home on leave and I hadn't had a tractor of my own until about this time last year. This year Hailey has ridden with me mowing the yard a couple times. I took both my kids to see a garden tractor pull and Hailey( who is 9) asked if she could run one of the pulling tractors! so today I let her run the 2320 around on the yard while I was throwing yard debris in the bucket. A gentleman at the pulls offered to let her run his junior class pulling tractor in the next pull and I am going to let her do it. I am going to let her run the 2320 more(until I leave for 7 mo.) and if she likes the pulling tractor then I think I am going to have to build her one for next season. My son, Ian (who is 6) doesn't seem to be as interested so far.

/ What age did you start driving tractors? #52  
Depends on what you mean by drive... just shy of 5 I was doing the windrows on the cut hay in the fields...

My Uncle, at my Grandfather's farm didn't let me actually take the tractor out of the barn to to cut grass or hay till I was 10...

Never had to drive on any roads... just across one in front of the farm to the fields...

/ What age did you start driving tractors? #53  
We didn't own a farm, but we had some left over from grand dad farm. So i started driving the lawnmower and the old 53 ford jubilee when I was around 8. And took it to our cottage ( about 8 miles from home) for the first time when I was aroud 10-11, Oh dis it feel great, it was like freesom, remeber it like it was yesterday. I has some friends that were raises on a farm and i remember at 10-11 siting with him or is brother in the big cab massey and plow field for hours. I too remeber of him bein all tired some morning in the elementary achool bus cause he been plowing late the day before.

My oldest one is 3 and love to sit on my lap on dad's BX and She start to know hoe to operate the loader with the joystick..... Thats a start

/ What age did you start driving tractors? #54  
I was about 8 when I got started with tractors, about 10 I was moving cars and owned my first at 12.

The help got me started with the tractors making their work easier.

/ What age did you start driving tractors? #55  
I am a complete tractor nut I'm 13. So any way i was about 10 when I first drove the 4960 and grain cart I loved that job still do. But the next spring I found myself chisile plowing and pulling our new Vertical Till with that same tractor which I love. That summer I ran the 4320 and rake I love moving fields because it just pours black smoke in 8th gear and everyone stares (it's all restored and has 3800 actual hours). With out tractors my life would be misery.

/ What age did you start driving tractors? #56  
Think I was 8 or 9 when Dad set me loose on our 49 Case narrow front tractor. Would have been earlier but he did not want to add blocks to the pedals!:laughing: Dad never bought a "New car" and when the current family transport was no longer road worthy my brothers and I got to use it in the field. Had a 52 Chevy "3 on the Tree" with bad battery so if it stalled or we forgot to park on the side hill there was no driving until Dad got home. Not that we could not have jumped it with another vehicle he just didn't want us frying ourselves or the jumper vehicle.

/ What age did you start driving tractors? #57  
I am a complete tractor nut I'm 13. So any way i was about 10 when I first drove the 4960 and grain cart I loved that job still do. But the next spring I found myself chisile plowing and pulling our new Vertical Till with that same tractor which I love. That summer I ran the 4320 and rake I love moving fields because it just pours black smoke in 8th gear and everyone stares (it's all restored and has 3800 actual hours). With out tractors my life would be misery.

Welcome to TBN!!!

There are a number of teens on this site, me included. Also look for JohnDeere3720, among others.

/ What age did you start driving tractors? #58  
I guess I was a real late starter - I used my first tractor (1958 MF65) at the ripe old age of 60 yrs :) otherwise known as a slow learner !