Senior prank day......

/ Senior prank day...... #1  

Anonymous Poster

...at the high school is rapidly approaching. Last year, my daughter's boy freind Paul and a couple other evil doers turned loose two small wild hogs in the admin office of the high school. Having an uncle who is a custodian at the school and has keys to everything is a major plus. And Paul wasn't even a senior until this year.

Mizz Betty let herself into the office at six fity five a.m. as usual and was confronted by these two angry hogs. She sought the refuge of her desk top and called for back up. Eventually the school started searching for someone with a truck and a dog box to come get these dang hogs. Guess who came. Paul. He got to have his fun and got his hogs back in the process.

The plan this year requires a certain amount of parental involvment and I have been chosen as the parental. I'm already involved as I know what the plan is. The reason they need me, is they need an extra truck and an extra dog box.

The plan. Go to the local egg farm and get two hundred of the chickens they are rotating out and turn them loose in the gymnasium.

What would you do? I don't have to physically be there but I have to grant permission for them to use the truck, the dog box and park the chickens in my front yard over night. Two hundred of them.

There's enough folks at the school who live on farms and in rural areas that I feel sure the chickens would get adopted out fairly easily.

/ Senior prank day...... #2  
My guess is that you and the prankester's are not going to be the one'shaving to clean up after all this "fun "? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif... I know I am an ol' stick in the mud or more like the guy who ends up having to clean up after "fun" like this ,,,,, JMHO , but I would think up something a bit less messy , in case something happens and you and the prankesters have to clean up after the "fun" ....
Bill G,

/ Senior prank day...... #3  
THINK U MIGHT WANT TO PASS ON THIS ONE! picture this! the seniors want to have some fun, so they get me to drop 200 chickens in your living rm, fun hey. course this is just a gym, and the custodians will clean it up, but it might have some effect on th gym floor(ever see what bird doo,doo does to your car paint) then of course u then need to have the gym floor redone, and then u can complain about the high taxes! a prank is only a prank if no person or thing gets hurt or dammaged. don't mean to preach, but i would think about it if i were u!

/ Senior prank day......
Well, if the "education system" in your area is like the one here, 200 chickens would be an improvement.
2 years back, the district custodian called his wife to tell her he'd be late cause the seniors had released mice, and they had already captured 57 of the little critters. His wife informed him he only had 3 more to catch. She also informed him his garage had been the holding area for the mice for 3 days. For some reason, he never bothered to share that information with his fellow workers.
Part of any Senior prank is taking responsibility for it, and that means cleaning up any mess and paying for any damage. If the kids won't take that part on, it isn't a prank, it's vandalism.

/ Senior prank day......
Well beleive it or not, my first thought was of the chickens, and even though I feel pretty sure that they will eventually find homes, I can't help but wonder waht it might be like, going from a 12 X 12 cage to a truck, to the relaitve freedom of a gymnasium, then being chased around until caught and going God know where from there, not to mention 12-14 hours minimum wihout food and water. All things considered I think maybe they will have to find another parental. I might consider fifty maybe, in the courtyard.

/ Senior prank day...... #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Part of any Senior prank is taking responsibility for it, and that means cleaning up any
mess and paying for any damage. If the kids won't take that part on, it isn't a prank, it's
vandalism. )</font>

In matters of opinion I don't often agree with you Franz but that was very well said.

Phil

/ Senior prank day...... #7  
I saw something in the newspaper recently about that same "prank" (euphemism for vandalism) being done here recently. I can vaguely understand the kids doing something like that, but how an adult could be involved is beyond my comprehension.

/ Senior prank day...... #8  
An old polish friensd of mine used to say when looking at situations like this "Implication??" I must say I agree with the general sentiment here that the doers of this deed have not considered the implications. Unless these "seniors" (who I bet really want to be treated as responsible adults most of the time or at least when they feel it is convenient) are prepared to do ALL the clean-up you are talking vandalism. Maybe they could put a similar amount of energy into doing something worthwhile for their community - plant some trees, clean up a creek bed, visit folks in hospitals or old people's home, do some spring chores for people who can't.

I enjoy a "good" prank and I relaize "good" may be in the eye of the beholder but, vandalism and good do not belong in the same sentence.

Bob

/ Senior prank day......
Well, from what I understand it is a time honored tradition here to 'pull' something the last day of school. Maybe it's just the rural atmosphere. In the city they used to toilet paper houses and egg cars and so on. Out here it usually involves some type of livestock or manure. I think I heard once that a truckload of oranges was dumped in the school swimming pool.

They also have 'team' pranks during football season, competing teams 'visit' the opposing team's school before the game and 'decorate' the school, but it's always something that can be easily cleaned up. The football players, since they started the tradition always get to clean up the mess.