Tree house

/ Tree house #1  

missingstexas

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota ZD 326-RP
So the Easter Bunny decided to tell my kids (6 & 8) that Dad was going to build them a tree house. He obviously hasn't priced treated lumber in our neck of the woods because he grossly underestimated the cost when he left them plans for a 130 sqft mansion in a tree and gift cards to our lumber yard.

I'm very excited and a little nervous but ready to get rolling none the less. We set 5 posts last weekend and hung some framing today. This weekend will be lots of work and LOTS of fun.

My plan is to go in stages and pace myself but I tend to get carried away sometimes so who knows.

Attachments

• image-3034817878.jpg
    image-3034817878.jpg
    563.6 KB · Views: 369
  • image-849703754.jpg
    image-849703754.jpg
    612.3 KB · Views: 355
   / Tree house #3  
I think your camera needs adjusting. Some of that lumber looks pink.

Keith

/ Tree house
The kids are both girls and boy were they excited when they saw my truck pull up to the house this afternoon with those studs on the trailer.

/ Tree house #5  
Oh, the things we do for our girls. Very cool, dad.

/ Tree house #7  
I would be certain to cover every square inch of that pressure treat with something else before I let them play in it.

The old pressure treat had enough arsenic so that kids who played frequently on a deck made of PT had a significant chance of developing bladder cancer later in life. The new stuff is supposed to be safer, but why take a chance with your own children?

/ Tree house
CurlyDave said:
I would be certain to cover every square inch of that pressure treat with something else before I let them play in it.

The old pressure treat had enough arsenic so that kids who played frequently on a deck made of PT had a significant chance of developing bladder cancer later in life. The new stuff is supposed to be safer, but why take a chance with your own children?

I'm planning to use non treated for all of the areas they'll have direct contact with.

/ Tree house #9  
What, did you paint them or did you get them like that???

Not sure about everywhere else, but around here "pink" boards mean they are stud boards. Cut for 8' walls, I forget the exact dimension.

Are you thinking the pink is treated?