The Idiot Plane

/ The Idiot Plane #1  

Anonymous Poster

My husband and I have been searching for a way to feed our animals more economically. We have been buying bagged feed by the ton for our swine and supplementing with thrift store bread, and occasionally fresh vegetables and fruit, basically whatever we can get in quantity affordably.

We found a place to get quality swine feed in bulk form, really good price, milled fresh while you wait, but had no containers to move it in. Our neighbor, hearing of our plight, introduced us to a 500 gallon fiberglass water tank that he had sitting out behind his house. It was given to him, and he was not adverse to the idea of giving it us. Woohoo!

We took the tank, cleaned it out, painted the outside as the FG was beginning to flake, and fashioned a good tight fitting lid for the eighteen inch diameter hole at the top. Spent days discussing how to get the feed into the tank, how to get the feed out of the tank, whether or not the trailer would hold the ton and a half of feed and the tank, are the tires okay, how far do we have to go, what if we get there and no one is there to load us, will he sell us less if want less or more/more? I'm not entirely sure we spent this much time/effort on the purchase of our property.

For once, in a longer period of time than I like to think about, every......single......detail.....fell into place. Smooth as silk, not the first glitch.

My husband was prepared and resigned to flat tires, making a wasted trip, having a loading problem....so on. He was so prepared for the worst that when everything worked out so smoothly, he had all this tension built up and no place to put it. His solution to this was to heap it on me. In situations like this he tends to escape to some idiot plane where he is fifteen again and determined to get under my skin no matter what it takes.

The forty minute drive home consisted of him teasing, and picking on me until I thought I would rather get out and walk the rest of the forty miles home.

I took as much of it as I could, but when we pulled out of McDonald's with our lunch and he cocked an eyebrow and made a crack clearly designed to set my teeth on edge, I couldn't hold it any longer.

"Well, are you going to decide if we need anything else, or are you going to wait until we're ten miles from town and then suddenly remember that we need milk?" He said, thinking he was, oh so funny. "Huh? Huh?" Grinning like a possum, poking me in the ribs....hoping I would try to smack him.

Yes." I said, "we need something. Pull in at Scotties."

That surprised him. Had I thought of something he had forgotten? Unheard of!

"Why....what...whadya need?" Eyes like saucers.

"I need to look around for a pesticide that will kill that bug that has crawled up your behind, because if I can't kill it, it's going to get you hurt."

The look in his face was priceless. He didn't know whether to be mad or impressed. He finally settled for being tickled and laughed his rear off. I almost felt the tension slip out of him while he retreated from his idiot plane and decided to get control of himself, and knew I that he just might survive 'til supper after all. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ The Idiot Plane #2  
LOL ... any chance you could teach that trick to my wife ? ....
Good one I like that ..............

Bill g, who lives on that plane ...........lol /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ The Idiot Plane
He can be a very funny guy when he is not inspired by tension. Gotta have a sense of humor....just gotta. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif