Are you still using a land line ?

/ Are you still using a land line ? #1  

jmurray01

Veteran Member
Tractor
I did have a pedal John Deere once...
I sure as heck am.

The reason I ask this, is because recently I've been seeing a lot of business advertisements which display a cellular number as the only means of contact.

Honestly, am I the only one who thinks this is insane ?

If you own a business, you should have a land line number so your customers can contact you on a clear, reliable, and permanent line, which isn't going to cut off as soon as you lose the reception.

I own a cell phone, I hold my hands up, but I never use it for calls and seldom use it for texting. Sometimes I wonder why I even own it, but I always come back to the fact it is good when out and about, if the car broke down for example.

But still, when at home, I like a good reliable land line to make/receive calls on, not a cell phone which will cut out when the battery dies or the reception is lost, both of which happen often!

Your views please.

/ Are you still using a land line ? #2  
I carry a cell phone daily, sometimes go for more than a month without using it! Don't use the landline too often either. They are there for me to use, not some sales person!!! :mad: ~~ grnspot

/ Are you still using a land line ? #3  
I ditched my land line years ago, and haven't looked back since.

/ Are you still using a land line ? #4  
I don't have a land line since I'm only in the house a couple of hours a day other than sleeping so wouldn't get much use out of it anyway, besides its about $60 or so a month. Actually we get good reception on our cell phones in this area and can use it any where I happened to be. I still have my phone line hooked up and am using it for my internet (DSL) but no phone.

If I owned a business or was always nearby I would rather have a land line. They are much more reliable and a lot clearer.

/ Are you still using a land line ? #5  
I am, my DSL comes over it. I have a cell phone but only use it when I am in a vehicle, costs me $50 a year, no plan and by the minute. I do however use VOIP extensively and have multiple numbers, makes calling Canada MUCH cheaper and world wide calls are easy. I DO NOT use my cell phone number for business, only the landline and VOIP.

/ Are you still using a land line ? #6  
I use my cell phone for business and my landline is for personal use

Last edited:
   / Are you still using a land line ? #7  
i got rid of the land line 3 years ago,and don't miss it one bit.

/ Are you still using a land line ? #8  
We have both but the land line is vontage. It works better for our younger daughters so their friends don't have to call my or my wife's cell.

/ Are you still using a land line ? #9  
We rely solely on our cell phones. Mostly for emergencies, communication among ourselves, although we talk to our grandchildren and relatives quite often in order to keep in touch.

/ Are you still using a land line ? #10  
We have both. We didn't get consistent cell coverage until 2 years ago. Even now it is easy to drive out of reach. Land lines are reliable. I do appreciate local business people using a cell- because I can always reach them. Often time the land line rings and no one is within earshot.
My wife and I needed access to a phone at work and our work places have limited land lines- so we got the cell phones to make work easier, good for traveling too.