Pickup + dump body insert

/ Pickup + dump body insert #2  
I have been to. My wifes bro has 1 he will sell me for 1k. They are 2.5k new here in CT. Now they are heavy and you might want to put clovis pins on an inastall so you can haul it out when not needed which means now you need a host of some kind. I dont know but I will be watching this thread for info also

/ Pickup + dump body insert #3  
I had a dump insert on a 3/4 ton 4x4 chevy pickup 30 years ago. My whole family loved it... dad, brothers, BIL used it more than I did. The thing weighed a lot, but it sure made even hauling firewood and compost easier! The newer ones might weight a bit less.

/ Pickup + dump body insert #4  
Beent thinking about installing a dump insert and wondering if anyone has any experience with these things they'd care to share?

One I was looking at today:
Welcome to DumperDogg Dump Inserts Web Site

They are rather heavy, and can take up a lot of your payload. The last one I looked at was 1400#. I've been looking at these Pierce Arrow Pickup Truck Dump Hoist Kit — 4000-Lb. Capacity, Ford 1973-98, Chevy/GMC 1973-87 and Dodge 1973-77 | Lift Gates + Dump Kits | Northern Tool + Equipment Northern Tool; weighing in at 166#.

Huh, they don't seem to fit newer trucks though. :(

/ Pickup + dump body insert #5  
I have been using a friends 5 yard dump trailer lately and love it. It has a 12V battery that charges off the truck, and tows great. I would buy one if my money would support one. Would rather put my money in the trailer vs the truck conversion.

/ Pickup + dump body insert #6  
Yeh you kmnow 2.5k for the truck v a trailer with a dump. Interesting