Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L210

Default Slow-Up

Round-Up is a great product, and looking at the acres of grass I have dedicated my life to mowing gave me an idea. No, I don't think I'll kill it all with Round-Up, but I know a couple of people at Monsanto and I'm going to suggest they start working on a negative fertilizer. Imagine mowing your grass and spraying it with Slow-Up, so that it doesn't need mowing for the rest of the season! Or, maybe they could make something to coat the mower blades so that you don't even have to spray! I'm going to be rich!!!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Chuck

Default Re: Slow-Up

Too late - it was Monsanto that developed the first non-growing grass - Astroturf. They later sold it to another company.

Tractor
    1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39

I wonder what the cost of covering an acre with Astro truf is and how that compares to the cost of a tractor, RFM and xxxx hours per year mowing? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Opps, that means we wouldn't need TBN, sorry Muhammad.

MarkV

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( cost of covering an acre with Astro truf )</font>

I don't know what the stuff costs, but in 1977, when we bought a new house on a small lot, I actually did check to see at that time what it would cost for my yard. Don't remember how much it was, but it was enough that I had the yard hydromulched instead. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I heard that when Texas A&amp;M ordered the Astroturf for their football field, it was shipped to them, and one of the Aggies called to ask how to install it, and they told him to install it with the green side up. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

You mean like this stuff?

Or this stuff?
    Or this stuff?
    Well, you get it by now! Someone has beaten you to a great idea. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L210

Well, I still like my name for the stuff. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Reminds me of the time I got aced out for the Nobel Prize.

Chuck