Slow-Up

/ Slow-Up #1  

Chuck52

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L210
Round-Up is a great product, and looking at the acres of grass I have dedicated my life to mowing gave me an idea. No, I don't think I'll kill it all with Round-Up, but I know a couple of people at Monsanto and I'm going to suggest they start working on a negative fertilizer. Imagine mowing your grass and spraying it with Slow-Up, so that it doesn't need mowing for the rest of the season! Or, maybe they could make something to coat the mower blades so that you don't even have to spray! I'm going to be rich!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chuck

/ Slow-Up #2  
Too late - it was Monsanto that developed the first non-growing grass - Astroturf. They later sold it to another company.

/ Slow-Up #3  
I wonder what the cost of covering an acre with Astro truf is and how that compares to the cost of a tractor, RFM and xxxx hours per year mowing? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Opps, that means we wouldn't need TBN, sorry Muhammad.

MarkV

/ Slow-Up #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( cost of covering an acre with Astro truf )</font>

I don't know what the stuff costs, but in 1977, when we bought a new house on a small lot, I actually did check to see at that time what it would cost for my yard. Don't remember how much it was, but it was enough that I had the yard hydromulched instead. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I heard that when Texas A&M ordered the Astroturf for their football field, it was shipped to them, and one of the Aggies called to ask how to install it, and they told him to install it with the green side up. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Slow-Up
Well, I still like my name for the stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Reminds me of the time I got aced out for the Nobel Prize.

Chuck