Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

Default I Need a Good Online Ammo Dealer

Long story... I Recently put an 80 dollar bid on a H&R .38 revolver at a local auction, and got it for $60. I did a little research on it and found out that it is probably pre-1900 vintage. I took it to a gunsmith to see if it was safe to shoot. I finally called him today, and he tells me that he had to replace a few springs, but it's completely safe to shoot.

Here's the kicker. He said ammo is going to be hard to find. He told me that he doesn't carry it but it can be found online.

Where's a good place to buy ammo online? The gunsmith said that I need Smith and Wesson .38 ammo... NOT .38 special. I need the .38 shorts.

This pistol is just a plinker. I don't need anything fancy. I think it will just be a fun gun to get a bigger boom out of when I take the kids shooting with our other guns that are .22 caliber.
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

Tractor
    2005 Kubota L5030 GST; Farmall 706

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/c-577-38-sw-ammo.aspx

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/66257-5.html

I am not a gun expert. But I don't think this round is accurately called a .38 short. Just .38 Smith & Wesson.

If you check around at some of your local gun stores, I wouldn't be surprised to find a box or two on the shelves. Course they might be a little heavier round than you need for plinking.

Looks like Target Sport has some off brand pretty reasonable.

Have fun plinking!
    Dean

Tractor
    Kubota L3700SUHST

Default Re: I Need a Good Online Ammo Dealer

I always check gun-deals.com and use the ammo deal tab to find the cheap stuff for target practice.
    Kubota L3700SUHST, AG-Meier Mohawk 5' Rotary Cutter, Armstrong AG 5' Boxblade, Armstrong AG 5' Landscape Rake
    Scotts 50560x8 50" Riding Mower

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

IP, I've ordered from these guys before and had no problems:

38 S&W : Ammunition To Go
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

At those prices, I would buy 2 boxes, carefully save the brass, and then start down the road of reloading and bullet casting. It is a new hobby in itself and can really save some bucks, especially in an older harder to find caliber like this. I have reloaded many calibers for a lot of years. If you are serious about reloading and need some help, let me know.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Iplayfarmer View Post
    Long story... I Recently put an 80 dollar bid on a H&R .38 revolver at a local auction, and got it for $60. I did a little research on it and found out that it is probably pre-1900 vintage; so I took it to a gunsmith to see if it was safe to shoot. I finally called him today, and he tells me that he had to replace a few springs, but it's completely safe to shoot.

Here's the kicker. He said ammo is going to be hard to find. He told me that he doesn't carry it but it can be found online.

Where's a good place to buy ammo online? The gunsmith said that I need Smith and Wesson .38 ammo... NOT .38 special. I need the .38 shorts.

This pistol is just a plinker. I don't need anything fancy. I think it will just be a fun gun to get a bigger boom out of when I take the kids shooting with our other guns that are .22 caliber.
    I have ordered from Widener's on line and have had excellent service and their prices were very good as well...click on ammunition in the link below..
    Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply INC
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2012 John Deere 3520 Deluxe Cab

Both mentioned are good places and have ordered plenty from both.

Tractor
    MF 1643

Proverbs 31:6-7
    Lord, help me to be the kind of person my kudzu thinks I am.

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

I've bought ammo from Cabela's and Midway. Cabela's used to be pretty reasonable, but their prices are now at the high end. Midway was very fast and easy to deal with. I'm not sure if they are the cheapest, but the price was good enough that I didn't feel the need to keep searching for a lower price.

Eddie

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast