Trash & Treasures

/ Trash & Treasures #1  

crash325

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC-45
Went down to the claims (Pick EM UP Ranch) near Tombstone AZ on Monday.

Brought back some fun stuff. Some will be useful and put to use. Other "Fine" items are mostly just for fun and decorator things.

In the pictures many things have labeled. But there are some "I don't knows" there as well.

The wooden handled saw says "Popular Mechanics Mag.) on the handle.
Old "Ford" type wrench's maker was a real surprise. "Diamond Caulk Horse Shoe Co." It's also a 15 inch wrench, largest "Ford" wrench I have ever seen.

Attachments

• wrenchs.jpg
    wrenchs.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 340
  • old stuff.jpg
    old stuff.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 298
   / Trash & Treasures #2  
Great finds. A guy with a metal detector would have a great time around that place.

/ Trash & Treasures
Great finds. A guy with a metal detector would have a great time around that place.

Much of the stuff shown was used by my Grandfather. Other stuff was collected by him.

Place is on 3 mining claims and at one time was a Stage Stop just outside of Tombstone.

Plan to start a thread "Pick Em Up" Real Recycling with a lot of pictures & history.

A metal detector would go Nuts out there. :laughing:

/ Trash & Treasures #4  
Jim about 50 years ago about the time metal detectors were a childs toy A man in El Paso built a kit type detector and went to a old former Stage stop East of El Paso.
Soon found buired close to the orginal building a quart glass topped Jar full of $20 gold pieces.
All I ever find is nails and in my truck or trailer tires.

Thanks for the P.M. you sent.

ken

/ Trash & Treasures #5  
Me too Ken. Nails, hunks of unidentified pieces of iron. On our farm there is an old house from the 1860's and there is so much buried trash that you can't go two feet without digging another nail. Sure would love to find a jar like that!!

/ Trash & Treasures
Me too Ken. Nails, hunks of unidentified pieces of iron. On our farm there is an old house from the 1860's and there is so much buried trash that you can't go two feet without digging another nail. Sure would love to find a jar like that!!

Should you need instructions on how to find nails with your tires. I am an expert.:D

Real treasures that's another storiy,:laughing:

/ Trash & Treasures #7  
Should you need instructions on how to find nails with your tires. I am an expert.:D

Real treasures that's another storiy,:laughing:

Crash, I bet I would find nails on a tracked loader. I could probably drive through a 1,000 acre field and run over the one nail in it:(

/ Trash & Treasures #8  
Crash, I bet I would find nails on a tracked loader. I could probably drive through a 1,000 acre field and run over the one nail in it:(

6" pieces of rebar standing upright in a hay field. who or what ever was the reason.
Went to junk yard with new Dodge and where everybody drove punched hole in front and rear tire. a sharp piece of scrap iron does wonders.
Does Texas and Arizona nails rust?
ken

/ Trash & Treasures
6" pieces of rebar standing upright in a hay field. who or what ever was the reason.
Went to junk yard with new Dodge and where everybody drove punched hole in front and rear tire. a sharp piece of scrap iron does wonders.
Does Texas and Arizona nails rust?
ken

Awe Shucks ken, your just trying to show me up. When I though I was one of the best at puncturing tires. :D

Strange as it sounds here where its hot and dry (low humidity) things rust faster than where you are. :confused2:

Couple of months ago I picked up a friend about 1/2 mile from the house. Was on the way back and heard a tire blow. Big triangle ripped out of the side wall. He walked back to his place to see what I had hit. I've looked every time I have gone by that place. Nothing to cause the tear. :confused2:

/ Trash & Treasures #10  
Nice Estwing hatchet. One of the few tools still made in the US. That steel will ring like a bell.:thumbsup: