Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default Re: Wife got the FOX

Quote Originally Posted by Alien View Post
    Would be good if you can get a piccy. We have foxes too but we also own a Mareema so they don't hang around our property. Apparently mules/donkeys keep them at bay too.
    Now if I could just get rid of the kangaroos and wallabies I would be happy. They sneak in at night when the dogs are sleeping and eat all the horses tucker and our palm trees. Have even started on the bamboo lately, let alone the big bag of lucern chaff that they tore open and ate. Hope they got a guts ache.
    Foxes have a low profile when you hit them with the car and don't do much damage. Try a kangaroo for size. Every car I have owned has hit several roos.
    I had to use the FEL yesterday to remove a roo from the road in front of our place that the neighbour got. I haven't seen his car yet.....
    Alright Mate, we are going to need a little help here. What on earth is a Mareema? Ok I know what tucker is in Aussie speak (food). But a big bag of lucern chaff? what is that? some kind of animal feed I guess? I though all Aussie cars and trucks had "roo bars" on the front end G'Day

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Bolens G192/TS1910 Ford/New Holland 1920

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Alright Mate, we are going to need a little help here. What on earth is a Mareema? Ok I know what tucker is in Aussie speak (food). But a big bag of lucern chaff? what is that? some kind of animal feed I guess? I though all Aussie cars and trucks had "roo bars" on the front end G'Day

James K0UA
    Mareema is dog named from a district in Tuscanny.
    A big white dog with long hair.
    Seems easier to shoot the fox than groom the dog

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by RobertBrown View Post
    Mareema is dog named from a district in Tuscanny.
    A big white dog with long hair.
    Seems easier to shoot the fox than groom the dog
    Aha. learn something new every day!

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kioti CK30 HST

You got it. Mareemas are renowned for protecting anything on your property. They think it belongs to them. lol
    Lucern chaff? Just lucern finely chopped and bagged. We mix it with other stuff to feed the horses. They go nuts over it. Can't give them too much though or they get a guts ache. Hope the roos copped one.
    I have had bullbars on a few cars, but mainly my 4x4s. Not on my Honda Accord though.
    Back to Mareemas or Maremmas (both accepted) They are not a city dog and won't trust any strangers until they get to know them. Never put your hand out to pat a Mareema, just ignore them totally and they will sniff around you and decide if they like you. They always watch how their owner reacts to visitors and if you don't like your visitors then the dog dosen't either. lol Excellent for some of those unsolicited callers.
    With a CK30 you have the whole world in your hands.

Tractor
    PowerTrac 1850

In the states the dog is known more as the Great Pyrenees but I think the two are different but look close to the same.
    Power-Trac 1850, grapple, hoe, 90" mower, 72" box blade

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

For those of us on the North side of the equator I found a definition for Lucerne. it wasn't easy as Switzerland kept coming up

James K0UA

Alfalfa ( /lˈflfə/; Medicago sativa) is a perennial flowering plant in the pea family Fabaceae cultivated as an important forage crop in the US, Canada, Argentina, France, Australia, the Middle East, South Africa, and many other countries. The English name is adopted from the Spanish, originally alfalfez, which in turn is derived from the Arabic al-fisfisa "fresh fodder". The Spanish name is widely used, particularly in the US but it is also known as lucerne in the UK, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand, erba medica in Italy, meaning medical herb, luzerne in France, and lucerne grass in south Asian English. It superficially resembles clover, with clusters of small purple flowers followed by fruits spiralled in 2 to 3 turns containing 10-20 seeds. Alfalfa has been cultivated by humans since at least the 4th century CE and has some use in herbal medicine
    James KUA

Tractor
    Kioti CK30 HST

Maremma.

With a CK30 you have the whole world in your hands.

Tractor
    kubota L3000dt, ford 8n1952

Beautiful dog, bet he makes a good companion??
    Okay, Legal disclaimer: Old but not senile, definitely do not have the answer to everything!

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by Alien View Post
    Maremma.

That is a very intelligent looking dog..

James K0UA
    James KUA

Tractor
    Kubota L3710

Over here a lot of people use Great Pyrenees dogs to protect stock. they look a lot like your dog.
    Great Pyrenees ? No.1 Great Pyrenees Dog Site
    I know a lady that has one that lays in the corner of her office. When you come in the office the lady has to tell the dog you are okay before it will let you in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast