Wife got the FOX

/ Wife got the FOX #21  
Over here a lot of people use Great Pyrenees dogs to protect stock. they look a lot like your dog.
Great Pyrenees ? No.1 Great Pyrenees Dog Site
I know a lady that has one that lays in the corner of her office. When you come in the office the lady has to tell the dog you are okay before it will let you in.

[From Wikipedia: Great Pyrenees:]
As late as 1874 the breed [Great Pyrenees] was not completely standardised in appearance, with two major sub-types recorded, the Western and the Eastern.[3] They are related to several other large white European livestock guardian dogs (LGD), including the Italian Maremma Sheepdog, Kuvasz (Hungary), Akbash Dog (Turkey) and Polish Tatra or Polski Owczarek Podhalański, and somewhat less closely to the Newfoundland and St. Bernard.

If you Google images of these dogs, you'll see their similarities (and of course, there are differences too). I grew up with a Great Pyrenees around, and our dog trainer believes our current mix dog to be part Akbash.
-Mitch

Last edited:
   / Wife got the FOX #22  
Thanks guys. Yep he is a very faithful dog and very aware. He knows the names of other creatures like Kangaroo, possum, goanna, snake and you have to be careful if you see a snake because if you say the word he is on it like a flash as is our bull mastiff. We try not to say some words when they are around as they become very wound up. We don't want them to encounter the wrong snake. So far we have been lucky. We often find snakes torn to bits but thankfully most are non venemous. Our other little mate is a purebred Tibetan Pug but we mainly keep him indoors.
Thanks for those Great Pyrenees links guys, I will have a look this evening. I knew Lucern was in Switzerland as my combat flight simulator has an airport there. It is my favourite.:laughing:

/ Wife got the FOX #23  
Nothing in the world like a Maremma to keep away foxes and coyotes! I wouldn't trade ours for a new tractor!