Noises in the garage

/ Noises in the garage #1  

whistlepig

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800 with FEL
I was up early today. Had some weed eating to do and was pre-cutting some weed eater line to take with me on the ATV. I kept hearing noises. Maybe some birds I thought. They fly in to the garage time to time. Then I hear things being knocked off shelves and hitting the garage floor. I know now that I am not alone. It was a four foot long rat snake in the garage. It took me an hour to catch it. I'm just glad the wife was gone and didn't know this happened. There would have be a "For Sale" sign in our front yard tonight.

/ Noises in the garage #2  
Grandma babysat tonight with my grandkids. Came back about an hour ago and went to check on the dogs in the barn kennel. Calls me to the barn and sure enough, she has a snake trapped under a bucket in the middle of the floor. Not sure what it was, but it had colored rings and I can't ever remember what is what with that.

One broken rake later, it is now dinner in the woods for something. Would have just booted it out the door, but she was have'n no part of that.

/ Noises in the garage #3  
I was up early today. Had some weed eating to do and was pre-cutting some weed eater line to take with me on the ATV. I kept hearing noises. Maybe some birds I thought. They fly in to the garage time to time. Then I hear things being knocked off shelves and hitting the garage floor. I know now that I am not alone. It was a four foot long rat snake in the garage. It took me an hour to catch it. I'm just glad the wife was gone and didn't know this happened. There would have be a "For Sale" sign in our front yard tonight.

Thats pretty crazy, I think that my wife would also want to sell our house if that happened. When we first bought our house, one of our barn cats came through a dog door in the house with a garder snake, and that just about put her over the edge. I'm glad that you were able to catch it, i hate snakes, even though I know that they have a purpose, well at least the non-poisonous ones.

Last edited:
   / Noises in the garage
She's a city girl that loves horses. I've pretty much toughened her up to farm life. But not snakes. When we watch a nature program on TV and they show a snake she puts her hands over her eyes.

/ Noises in the garage #7  
You talking about "red then yellow will kill a fellow, red then black is vemom lack"?

Yup and while I was trying to remember what the saying was the wife just says "just hit the d@#m snake please" I said "pow"

/ Noises in the garage #9  
I read that far and thought I had the answer for you...

Right!! that would have explained allot:laughing:

Man, you guys go after snakes like city folk go after us country boyz:D Just look at most of them as a "beneficial bug":D

/ Noises in the garage #10  
Wife left me a note on the counter last week. It said sorry about the tractor its stuck against the fence and I can't move it. And don't worry I took the snake out! Love Jill

She left me ?????????????????? When she got home showed me a picture of a 18" garden snake in the living with one of the cats on watch. On one of her trips in she left the back door open and we think the cat brought it in to play with.

How she got it out was with my grilling tongs I flip steaks with. They are now known as the "Snake Tongs"