Recycling can be dangerous!

/ Recycling can be dangerous! #1  

Ridgewalker

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC29
So I'm loading a big bag of recycling today and didn't notice a broken wine bottle
sticking out of one corner. When I swung the bag up into the truck it grazed me
and the bottle sliced me open to the tune of 23 stitches. It's pretty deep, the doc could see
tendon and bone in my right shin but I am OK except for adding what will be a couple of dandy scars.

Blood had been squirting everywhere but I had got a towel on it and had pretty much stopped the bleeding.
I'm laying on my back and getting all shocky and a little freaked out because of all the blood so I called my wife at work to tell
her and to figure out how to get me to the doc. I was home alone and I knew I needed stitches. ...the conversation went like this.

Me "I cut my leg and I am bleeding pretty badly"

She "Are you OK?"

Me "Yes"

She "Are you light headed?"

Me "No"

She "Did you get any blood on my new rug?"

She is going to be hearing about that for a long time...the nurses and doc (all female)
got a good laugh out of that one.

/ Recycling can be dangerous! #2  
Well you got "are you OK?" first so you kinda rank above the rug :D - just not by much ...:eek:

/ Recycling can be dangerous! #3  
Glad your okay. When I was a kid growing up out in the country my mother was quite used to cuts, scrapes and a broken bone every now and then. One day I stepped on a broken bottle bare footed and got a really nasty cut on the bottom of my foot. I hobbled up on the front porch and hollered for my mom because I new better than to come in the house bleeding. My mom gave me a towel to wrap around it and told me to stay on the porch and she would call the neighbor lady to come over and drive me to the Dr. for stitches. My mom didn't drive.
Well the neighbor lady showed up pretty quickly and I hollered for my mom who had gone back in the house to come on so I could get sewed up. She told me to be patient because she was putting on her makeup before we went into town. I said "I'm bleeding out here" and she said "just keep the towel on it you won't bleed to death before I get my makeup on". Well, she was right and it all turned out okay in the end.

/ Recycling can be dangerous! #4  
Man, that is not good and I bet it hurt.

But, I have to say, in that emergency the first thing you did was call your wife at work to figure out what to do? Wives everywhere are nodding their heads and saying "we all knew they don't know what to do without us"!:laughing:

Hope you feel better soon.

MoKelly

/ Recycling can be dangerous! #5  
I'm glad that you received the proper medical attention. Just be sure to take your antibiotic medication if your physician prescribe you some. Keep the area clean and sanitary. Best wishes. BTW, "Behind every good Man is a Woman". At least, that is what my Wife tells me. :)

/ Recycling can be dangerous! #6  
Now if the shoe was on the other foot and you asked if she got blood on something........

Glad you made it thru!!!

Keep us informed!!

/ Recycling can be dangerous! #7  
Well did ya get any blood on that new rug? Oh...glad you are alright by the way....

/ Recycling can be dangerous!
No blood on the rug...all is well with SHMBO.

I am fine considering I nicked an artery, the doc could see tendon and bone and I have 23 stitches. It could have been much worse...

Thanks! for the comments and yes I am on antibiotics, 3 X a day for 10 days. I got a tetanus too.

/ Recycling can be dangerous! #10  
glad you are ok.

I have gotten light headed from a deep cut once orr twice. scarry feeling!

hope it heals well with no issues!