Husky Log Slitter TSC

/ Husky Log Slitter TSC #1  

logan97

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800 4/wd
[B]anyone have any experience with these Briggs Stratton 190cc 22 ton Huskey Log Splitters. TSC web site comments ,many folks have had trouble starting these particular engines, no other complaints.[/B]

/ Husky Log Slitter TSC #2  
My best bud and I went in together to get one of those, and we are happy with it in every way. It starts really good for us.

Though we have split many cords of wood over the past year and a half, we'd still consider our splitter "new" and our experience far from conclusive.

/ Husky Log Slitter TSC
what type of gas do you run reg or high test

/ Husky Log Slitter TSC #4  
Regular. I use premium only in my turbo charged engine in the Subaru, but I don't on any other device.
I did install a Briggs fuel cut-off valve, and we stop the engine for the final time of the day by turning off the gas to it.

Running premium in an engine that does not specifically need it costs you twice.

/ Husky Log Slitter TSC #5  
I have split hundreds of cords with fuel out of our bulk tank and never an issue with ours. I think it is 6 or 7 years old. Would not hesitate to buy another if mine broke.

/ Husky Log Slitter TSC #6  
I have had this splitter for a year now. I love the splitter I to installed a fuel cutoff to run the carb dry. I also changed the oil out after about 12 hours of use. That way all the metal fillings can be flushed out.. I was surprised at how much the fluid had a metallic sheen to it when i drained it. This splitter has more than ample power. My uncle has a 35ton unit with a 12.5 briggs.. IMHO it is way overkill and just uses more fuel....
i know arond here they go on sale for 999.00 typically they are 1200.00