air compressor repair

/ air compressor repair #1  

ANiforos

Tractor
Kubota L2800
I have an old, very old, Sears Painters air compressor. I bought it from somewhere I don't even remember and stuck it in my elderly mothers basement to use just to blow all the dirt and grass off of me when I would go over to cut her grass in the summer. I'm guessing its probably about a 20 gallon, maybe a little smaller, compressor. It has a single cylinder pump on top with a motorized belt turning the pump pulley. Over the years, it has lost some of its ability......it takes a long time to pump up and a long time to recover when using it. I hate to get rid of it as its one of the quiet ones. I've looked around the internet to try to find someone who might be able to repair it, or at least diagnose the problem and give me an estimate of what it would cost to repair.

I am seeking advice on how to find a compressor repair place. A google search of my area, Winston Salem, NC only gives me companies that service air conditioning. Anyone got any advice? Thanks in advance.

Alex

/ air compressor repair #2  
Maybe your local auto parts/napa store would know someone who does that. Or just buy the compressor only off e-bay

/ air compressor repair #3  
More than likely it's just the reed valves that might have gotten gummy or lost their tension. It probably has a CH compressor on it so parts should be available. Perhaps a tool store that caters to the contractor trade might have them in stock, or can at least tell you who services them locally.

/ air compressor repair #4  
go to the saers website with model number. they have parts for some very old stuff

/ air compressor repair
Thanks guys for the comments. I'll make some calls next week and see about getting this thing repaired.