How bout those Mountain Men?

/ How bout those Mountain Men? #1  

chopped

Veteran Member
Watch Mountain Men Online, Full Episodes of Season 1 | Yidio
Has anyone found an interest in this show?
Ive watched two eposodes and its hard to believe that the guy in the carolinas will be able to keep the town from taking his land for a mear 200 dollar tax bill.
First off where I live it has to go two years at least before they take action.But in the show if he can sell a cord of wood (190 dollars) then he will hold off the tax man. My taxes are close to 5,000 a year here, thats alot of wood.And the show showed him gathering the wood. I sure wouldnt want to pay for wet punky wood.
Another episode the truck was broken and had to be towed by some horses. They say 'to move the 5 TON truck:confused2: he will use a team of horses" The truck was a small size pickup and was empty.:laughing:
I simpky dont understand how they try to present thes shows as reality yet then the lie about things.
And ok, BTW this truck didnt run yet in the end I saw smoke from the exhaust:laughing::cool2::cool2:

/ How bout those Mountain Men? #2  
I tried watching it and could not get interested in it.

/ How bout those Mountain Men? #3  
im watching it an it could be better.they dont say how much back taxes he owes.but im thinking its like $2000 or $3000 or more.

/ How bout those Mountain Men? #4  
Of course, these "reality" shows are scripted just like everything else. Modern TV: produced by half-wits for half-wits.

/ How bout those Mountain Men? #5  
On the truck, I bet they meant 5000 pounds, but still, it probably weighed in at 4500 pounds max:rolleyes:

/ How bout those Mountain Men? #6  
There was a similar thread started here on TBN not long ago. I will offer the same response to yours. In regards to the man in the Blue Ridge area of N.C., my personal opinion is that members of a Boy Scout Troop would have more perfected skills than he appears to have acquired or demonstrates. I don't think that building a tree stand is worthy of praise; etc. I have watched 3 episodes of the show to see if it got any better, but I was disappointed. It is, what IT is, a REALITY SHOW. Plain and Simple. Just my thoughts.

/ How bout those Mountain Men? #7  
I do find the segments about Alaska and Montana more interesting than NC. I hope I have the get up and go the guy in Montana has when I get that age.

/ How bout those Mountain Men? #8  
My F700 empty doesnt weigh 5 tons, I notied alot of times they over exagerate it like what they said at first about it not being in an area to tow and they were getting it to a tow truck. Looks like a good driveway to me. They over dramatize the whole thing, He has a sawmill, why did he make the tree stand splitting logs.

Also he mentioned farming with real hores power and that his horses could out work a tractor. I ll call Bullsnot on that. I like the old man from Montana the best. The one in Alaska seems like a clown with the over dramatization of the snow machine break downs and such.

Its like Axemen, IRT, The whaletards, and the whole other lot of mess they show.

/ How bout those Mountain Men? #9  
I normally tivo through the alaskan parts and most of the nc parts. The gentleman from Montana is worth watching.
How protected are the grizzlys there, if they are trying to get your livestock are you allowed to shoot them or is it more SSS?

/ How bout those Mountain Men? #10  
This reminds of something I was talking about yesterday. People at work are always talking about "Swamp People". So I watch a couple of episodes and lost interest when they show some guys pulling up to the gator sitting on top of the water. But instead of chooting it then, a nice easy shot to the head they wait till they pull up and grab the line and the thing is squirming all over, THEN THEY DECIDE TO CHOOT IT.

Swamp loggers was the closest thing to a real reality show I've seen and it got taken off the air.

Wedge