Want some cooler weather? Here's an old TBN thread

/ Want some cooler weather? Here's an old TBN thread #11  
Yeah ain't it odd. In the winter when it's cold, we need/want to warm up and get the house or shop hot. My dad will turn up the furnace in the house to 90. But in the summer time when the house 90 degrees he can't stand it. And has to have the swamp cooler going to get it cooled down.

Like right now, my thermometer says it's 90 degrees F in my house right now, (even with my small ac) and I feel it is too hot. But come winter when it's freezing out, I keep the house at around 90 F using the wood stove and it is perfect temperature.

I'm weird. lol :laughing:

And yes, I know the ac is too small for my larger mobile home. The one I have is just for a small bedroom. But it's all I have at the moment and it's better than no ac at all. Otherwise the house temp would probably be around 120 F.

Chad
A house at 90 in winter has very low H% which makes it feel cooler. Muggy 90 and dry 90 ... big difference.
larry

/ Want some cooler weather? Here's an old TBN thread
I've heard no news about the heat in Ohio, Tennessee, Pennsylvania and other states since the 8th of July from the report of my local media. Did the heat move away already? I regret if it brought casualties ...

In central Ohio we were over100 degrees for a few days a couple weeks back and we have been flirting with 90-95 a number of times with a nice warm, but drying, wind. I think we have been over 90 degrees more than 20 times so far this year. But that's not the half of it.

It hasn't rained more than a couple tenths of an inch of rain for I don't know how long. Maybe six weeks or longer? My second batch of sweet corn has nevr had natural rainfall on it and it's pollinating as we speak. Some of it it 3 ft tall. Some smaller.

The field corn has held up well but is in desperate shape and most has tassled with had no rain for a cuple weeks before and a couple weeks after. I know that this too shall pass, and is somewhat expected on odds of probability, but it's still discomforting.

/ Want some cooler weather? Here's an old TBN thread #13  
A cold front of -40 would feel good right about now! :)

/ Want some cooler weather? Here's an old TBN thread #14  
I've heard no news about the heat in Ohio, Tennessee, Pennsylvania and other states since the 8th of July from the report of my local media. Did the heat move away already? I regret if it brought casualties ...

Uhh...it's still hot here...In the low 90's now...

/ Want some cooler weather? Here's an old TBN thread #15  
Thank you fellows for answers. Horror!!!

But something new has been happening in my area concerning weather conditions.

Meanwhile we don't have extreme heat, it frequently rains, but nice warm comes between the rains. The crop of this year seems will be excellent. Farmers had the fight with the railway organization, because they didn't supply enough wagonloads (465 were missing) to bring the crop to Klaipeda port. Finally the decision was found. The crop moves on to the export.

Well, now about something new...
On the 1st of July we had the hurricanes in a few areas of my country (one of them was just 12 miles away from my farm) with the wind speed above 45 mph. And it's not the first hurricane this year. Take a look at the pictures in the following link.
Å*kvalo padariniai: keliasdeÅ¡imt iÅ¡kvietimų dÄ—l iÅ¡virtusių medžių, Å¡imtatÅ«kstantiniai nuostoliai - DELFI Žinios
Could be nothing special, but ... the hurricanes arise more and more often. The insurance companies announce about increase of their prices, 'cause according to their calculations, if the risky weather conditions are arising more than 3 times a year comparing to the past, when it had happened once in 3 years, they are obliged to do that. And it is still nothing special.

Yesterday there was a wave of tornadoes in Poland, in the area nearby Baltic sea. One person was killed, huge destructions, wind speed could reach 124 mph... Tornado is a very very rare phenomenon in Central Europe. Take a look at the videos attached in the link below. Some of them are in English language.
Mirtinas tornadas nusiaub
I know this is nothing special for North Americans. But for us it is really something new. Looks like a bad trend of climate change comes on to the Central and Eastern European countries. People of these regions are not ready to face such kind of disasters, and they must start to prepare themselves for that, like Americans constantly do.

Extraordinary climate conditions are arising here because of 2 main atmosphere fronts being in permanent face-off:
a/ Atlantic (brought by the Gulf stream);
b/ Asiatic (coming from Central Asia, Siberia).

So probably these are correct, who are talking about Global Warming, but is it man's made (if it is, it may mean the 3rd factor joins to the face-off in our area) or not - this is still the remaining question.