Propane Prices

/ Propane Prices #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
I'm interested in summer fill propane prices. They vary so much from place to place. We're in central Illinois.

An hour north of me there are two places selling propane for under $1 per gallon.

I had to pay $1.70 per gallon. I know other suppliers near me are charging $1.60 and $1.50.

Can someone enlighten me as to why the price is so much different 60 miles apart?

What is the price in your area?

Thanks,

Kevin

/ Propane Prices #2  
My local supplier seems to think they are not part of the national market- they try to screw all their customers all the time: $4.50/gal in winter, maybe as low as $3.25 other times. Of course, this is California!

/ Propane Prices #3  
here in our part of Canada, residential propane is now at 45 cents per liter delivered. (3.785 liters per US gallon)
in the middle of winter, the price is usually in the low 60 cents.

Pete

/ Propane Prices #4  
Just had my tank filled on the 13th. $2.1958 per gallon for 105 gallon top off. I am in central Texas, right outside of Austin.

/ Propane Prices #6  
Just got mine topped off at $2.53 a gallon the dealer called me and said they had a sale???? Still a good price for this area of Arizona.

/ Propane Prices #7  
A lot of propane suppliers have captive customers (rented tanks) who can't change suppliers. I guess the also figure the non captives don't shop around too much.

Ken

/ Propane Prices #8  
Called my propane guy today (green energy) moscow MI. $1.10 per gal.time to fill up.I also own my own tank and shop price.coobie

/ Propane Prices #9  
Filled up on 6/7/12 - total was $218.32 (this includes fuel recovery fee and HAZMAT fee) for 59.4gallons so about $3.675 per gallon here in Western PA.

/ Propane Prices #10  
DANG!!! talk about wide price margins depending on where a person lives. We live in the North Eastern part of AZ and always get ours filled just before winter hits, the average price for the past 3yrs has been around $2.5gal. but we can use another supplier if we wanted to but they seems to be almost all the same when we check the current prices.