what Kind of snake is this???

/ what Kind of snake is this??? #1  

bucktaker

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740
Came in last night and found this guy crawling on my sidewalk.. It is in a better place now I reacted like any snake fearing man would have....

Attachments

• IMG00372-20120715-0926.jpg
    IMG00372-20120715-0926.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG00373-20120715-0926.jpg
    IMG00373-20120715-0926.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 260
   / what Kind of snake is this??? #2  
Looks like an eastern milk snake sometimes confused with a copperhead.

Boone

/ what Kind of snake is this??? #4  
Too bad - they are good mousers.

/ what Kind of snake is this??? #5  
In my honest opinion it should be a dead one. . . I don't do snakes . . .John

/ what Kind of snake is this??? #7  
I dont like snakes either, but as long as they are outside the 2' perimeter of the house, I leave them alone, inside they usually die from blunt force trauma. Over the years I've come to know some of the tell tale sign if it's poisonous or not. Diamond shaped eyes, this I will only know once it's DEAD, and I think if the nose is pointed it too is poisonous. We're lucky in that we dont have to many poisonous snake here, but with the dry weather all critters are getting close to the house trying to survive.

Wedge

/ what Kind of snake is this???
this guy was under my garage door or coming out of the garage.... I do feel bad because it is a beneficial snake but it was too close to my house. I agree it is a milksnake not the copperhead I thougth it was

/ what Kind of snake is this??? #9  
It's either snakes or rats and mice, take your pick. I personally pick snakes....as long as they are not venomous. The rattlers and moccasins get destroyed, don't see any other choice as long as i have dogs.
If I can catch one somewhere else, I'll bring it home, I've relocated many here. I have found nests with eggs not far from the house.
Hopefully you have more around and now you know.
I suspect a large colubrid will eat 30-50 rodents a year, about one a week, less in the winter, more in the summer, depending on the size of the rodent. So if their not around ....do the math.
just a guess

/ what Kind of snake is this??? #10  
In my opinion you killed a friend. Snakes are so much better to have around than mice & rats. A little side note, outside dogs have caught at least to mice this year. And like a cat left their prize by the door,
My outside dogs just go on alert and let me know when a snake is found.
Rattle Snakes are history, but all others are welcome.