how to tell old chickens from young ones.

/ how to tell old chickens from young ones. #11  
This is a great publication with excellent tips and pictures for determining if your CL hens are still laying. (If it turns out you were sold a bunch of dried-up old biddies under false pretenses, show the seller the proof in this document and demand a refund -- can't hurt to try...)

http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/AG_Poultry_2009-01pr.pdf

My Dad always went by comb and wattle color (bright vs. faded) as his main criteria for who went in the stew pot for Sunday dinner. :)

/ how to tell old chickens from young ones. #12  
   / how to tell old chickens from young ones. #14  
You are SO BAD!

I don't have an answer, but i got suckered like this last year, and of the 6 I have left which we call "grannys" 4 are still laying almost every day NOW. It took months, but good living and they got healthy again and they are laying.

One is so Old looking I suspect to find her dead any day now... but she's been like that for many months.

Best of luck.

I HATE Racoons (and foxes).

David

You left out weasels. :(
Iwouldn't mind sharing once in a while... but they seem to want everything. (and contrary to rumors man is NOT the only animal which kills for fun.)

/ how to tell old chickens from young ones. #16  
Thumbnails...
chicken.jpgcartoon+horror.jpgFavim.com-12897.jpg

/ how to tell old chickens from young ones. #18  
The easiest ways is the really young ones are mostly oval and often white they come in 6 packs dozens 18 counts and 24 & 48 count. they are often said to come first then the chicken comes later :D

ok someone had to say it lol.

/ how to tell old chickens from young ones. #19  
You left out weasels. :(
Iwouldn't mind sharing once in a while... but they seem to want everything. (and contrary to rumors man is NOT the only animal which kills for fun.)

Mink kill for fun and blood as well. They will do in a few dozen at a time.
Our mink population is down 6 over the past few years.:eek: :D

Attachments

• Chickens 001.jpg
    Chickens 001.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 167
  • Brooke 023.jpg
    Brooke 023.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 143
   / how to tell old chickens from young ones. #20  
The old one is listening to an eight track and the young one has an ipod. Simple.