What do YOU call it?

/ What do YOU call it? #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
I am sure the majority of your guys have started a project that began simply, and as you progressed you decided to expand the scope of the project and the end result took much more work than the original plan called for. My thread here about loosening rusted fasteners...I originally planned to put a new tube and tire on my wheelbarrow, but I ended up replacing the entire assembly because the wheel was so rusted, and modification of the original axle was required, and I decided to clean the wood handles, which resulted in replacing the handle wedges, and the wheelbarrow tray was very thin, which meant I ended up reinforcing it, and because the front tray supports no longer fit, I had to redrill and bend them....and I replaced most of the hardware on the wheelbarrow. A one hour job ended up taking at least seven hours.

What term do you use when something like this happens to you? I call it "Project creep"....

/ What do YOU call it? #2  
Mission creep; actually it is so common, I just call it a typical day in my world...

/ What do YOU call it? #3  
Preventive Maintenance. Why take it apart twice when you could do it once.

/ What do YOU call it? #4  
'Scope creep' is what is it called in project management.

/ What do YOU call it? #6  
A typical project LOL

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ What do YOU call it? #7  
Like the time my wife lost a contact lens in the sink. Trying to retrieve it, I knocked a hole in the paper thin trap; removing that, I broke the drain off in the wall...called plumber, destroyed wall, new drain, all day deal, much $$$.

/ What do YOU call it? #10  
Mission creep; actually it is so common, I just call it a typical day in my world...

Yeah no joke. My Grandfather called those a "All day - twenty minute project"