House for my Parents

/ House for my Parents #671  
Eddie, I was afraid the mantel was too dark against the lighter shelves, but the rock provides a perfect transition. It appears that my fears were misplaced. I hope that's the last mistake I make this year.:D

/ House for my Parents #672  
Eddie,
I love the rock. As usual, an awesome job. What a showplace!
hugs, Brandi

/ House for my Parents #673  
Eddie, the house is looking great. You do great work.

/ House for my Parents #675  
I don't think you could have picked a better mantle height. Visually it creates just the right proportions that please the eye.

xtn

/ House for my Parents
Thank you. It was hard for me to move the mantle up higher, but after being stubborn for a couple of days, I realized it needed to move. Now that it's at the new height, I can see the difference and realize how bad it looked before. Sometimes I get a mental picture in my head and it's hard to imagine it differently.

I finished installing all the rock yesterday, just before black eyed peas and ham!!!! Mom has started prepping the right built in for painting, and I'll get to the grout pretty soon.

1533932_10203034793173453_1046388994_n.jpg

Eddie

/ House for my Parents #677  
I put up all the rock we had left over today from doing the outside of the house. I think I'm a couple boxes short, which my dad will pick up sometime soon.

View attachment 352408

Eddie
Your snowmen melted!
haahha

Looks good. My in-laws did something similar by using the same rock from the front of their house to put on the wall behind their woodstove. It ties things together from outside to inside nicely.