Ideas for tool storage on a pickup/dump truck

/ Ideas for tool storage on a pickup/dump truck #1  

Lebneh

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 3720
Hi guys,

My dad just picked up a 2011 dodge ram 3500 w/ a dump on the back. He made a comment about wishing it had a nice place to put his tools. I was wondering/hoping that some of you guys have a similar rig and have come up with some ingenious storage solutions.

If you do have suggestions links and pictures are greatly appreciated.

Attached is a picture of his new truck!

Attachments

• image-2538835171.jpg
    image-2538835171.jpg
    655.4 KB · Views: 1,173
   / Ideas for tool storage on a pickup/dump truck #2  
   / Ideas for tool storage on a pickup/dump truck #3  
Nice truck! I tell ya, he should trade for my truck with a utility bed, but I keep the welder, compressor, and the crane...
If my computer was running and I wasn't having to use this iPad, I would post pics of my dump truck. It's a 60's ford, so nothing is nice or shiny anymore, but in between the rail supports, I welded a 6" piece of flat, and used another piece of the same flat for a lid. Just welded the hinges to the lid and the side of the bed. It's only big enough to hold my spare brake fluid and a couple wrenches, but that's all I need. When I get around to that danged slave cylinder, I'll have a little more room.

/ Ideas for tool storage on a pickup/dump truck #4  
That truck is on my wishlist, if it has the diesel and 4WD. But under bed is the only way to go. Lots of room there on both sides. But will get some dirt in them unless well sealed.

/ Ideas for tool storage on a pickup/dump truck
Thanks for the replies guys!

Bruce, do you think those TSC boxes come with the mounting hardware?

Pete and Gengine, pop has been dreaming about getting this truck for some time now. I'm glad he finally was able to make it happen. It is diesel and 4x4. The only thing it's missing is a plow!

/ Ideas for tool storage on a pickup/dump truck #7  
Thanks for the replies guys!

Bruce, do you think those TSC boxes come with the mounting hardware?

Don't know. TSC was just an example to show several on one page. My nearest TSC is about 450 miles.

Bruce

/ Ideas for tool storage on a pickup/dump truck #9  
   / Ideas for tool storage on a pickup/dump truck #10  
Yes, I have one similar truck and a plastic box under the dumper does the job(2X-2x2''L'' shaped angles) bolted to frame at each end of the plastic box does the job.

Attachments

• IMG_6922.JPG
    IMG_6922.JPG
    302 KB · Views: 497
  • 3500_1997_7596.JPG
    3500_1997_7596.JPG
    355.6 KB · Views: 649