Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    kioti ck30

Default Re: Crickets in the basement - They've got to go!

I have the solution Mossflowerwoods needs to purchase some green leotards and a flute of course some little pointed booties and a nice pointed cap with a feather. Now play the flute and dance around in the yard. As soon as the crickets start following you could lead them to the chicken yard where they would be devoured. looks like we have a plan. now just to get some cameras to record the event. As you see once presented with a problem i will find a solution. do they have Yuengling beer in "Old Virginia''

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

I shall address the "sane"portion first...

Quote Originally Posted by lockhaven View Post
    Do they have Yuengling beer in "Old Virginia''
    Professor Lockhaven,
    I stock the fridge with Yuengling Black & Tan. It is my daily bread... For special occasions I chill some Guinness.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhaven View Post
    I have the solution Mossflowerwoods needs to purchase some green leotards and a flute of course some little pointed booties and a nice pointed cap with a feather. Now play the flute and dance around in the yard. As soon as the crickets start following you could lead them to the chicken yard where they would be devoured. looks like we have a plan. now just to get some cameras to record the event. As you see once presented with a problem i will find a solution.
    WOW, you have an overactive imagination. I might be able to win the $10,000 for funniest home videos with this "solution" but I do not think the crickets will go for it...

You are something else sir...
    Cracking me up...

David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by RobertBrown View Post
    If you get a tattoo version, you can keep it on your posterior.
    Yes, I could, but I don't ink so...

David
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    kioti ck30

Silver Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC 30

After reading all the way thru the BS here is what I do every fall in my basement and 36x40 shed. Put hedge balls in every corner and along the wall I use about a dozen for both buildings just put them in the corners. It will amaze you the crickets and also spiders will dissappear. in the spring you will need to discard them as they will rot. Yes i was a skeptic also but it works, I am told there is a natural repellant in the hedge ball.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by rrrkkk
    After reading all the way thru the BS here is what I do every fall in my basement and 36x40 shed. Put hedge balls in every corner and along the wall I use about a dozen for both buildings just put them in the corners. It will amaze you the crickets and also spiders will dissappear. in the spring you will need to discard them as they will rot. Yes i was a skeptic also but it works, I am told there is a natural repellant in the hedge ball.
    What is a hedgeball?

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Quote Originally Posted by MossflowerWoods View Post
    What is a hedgeball?
    Also called "Brains" or "Monkey Balls"
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

David you might not have any of them where you live, they are fairly common around here. Looking at the 1997 Iowa study, they seem to denigrate the effectiveness as a insect repellant, but the Wikipedia write up seems to say they are effective.. I don't know, but have always heard "old timers" say they are a good insect repellant.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

HERE is a link where they write about repelling CRICKETS
    w/ Hedge Balls.
    Regards,

Artisan

Kubota 2012 BX25 (23H.P. / 17.7pto)
    14' Dump / Carson 12K Tow Trailer w/ movable Winch,
    Canopy, Tunes, Stabilizer Soft Pads, 10"-12"BH Buckets, FEL Grapple, Fasse Valved & Switched,
    Fire Extinguisher, ChainSaw Mount, Protective Surround / Enclosure in the works.

Stayin' Alive (This click could save a life...)

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast