Crickets in the basement - They've got to go!

/ Crickets in the basement - They've got to go!
I'll give you a snake if you...

If I what? :)

I've not killed a snake lately... They were eating my eggs... I know there are a few under the porch and in with the hay, as long as they stay away from my eggs, and are NOT the poisonous kind, they can live...

David

Look on the laundry aisle for 20 Mule Team Borax. Check the label but it should be Borax.
Later,
Dan

That is what I've been looking for, but it is either OUT, or not stocked.
David

/ Crickets in the basement - They've got to go! #124  
I have seen it at Walmart in the laundry detergent isle. It used to be found in a lot of stores, but nowadays I think the fancy scented deodorized laundry soaps has pushed it out...or to the bottom of the shelves where it is not easily noticed. I have a box in the workshop, (for taxidermy work), that I bought at Winn Dixie.

The borax will work on all other sorts of insects, too. Even fleas.

To advance the borax conversation...I have used Timbor on my house, and still have a case put away for future use. It is a borax product.
Timbor Insecticide

We finally made it to Wallyworld, they had some.

I'm gonna make a dish tonight!
:licking::ant::licking:
:D
David

/ Crickets in the basement - They've got to go! #126  
finally the crickets will be able to do laundry and they can stop chanting for some detergent:cool2:

/ Crickets in the basement - They've got to go! #127  
Now see here Dave...If you kill the pet crickets with borax, I do not recommend eating them. With all this talk, I just worry that you had roasted cricket on the menu...

If you kill all your crickets...How do you know what the temperature is? I would leave a few around...
cricket chirps tell temperature formula

/ Crickets in the basement - They've got to go! #128  
We finally made it to Wallyworld, they had some.

I'm gonna make a dish tonight!
:licking::ant::licking:
:D
David

You are going to eat dead crickets? :ant::licking:

I would suggest eggs for dinner. I thought you had some chickens? Ain't they giving you some eggs?

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

UPDATE!

So far I've stomped on 2 crickets for the only confirmed "kills" thus far.

I put out a bowl borax last night and this morning there were still some "chirps".

David

PS - No I will never eat crickets, and I will not feed the deaders to my chickens due to borax in the crickets (if and when they start dying). Yes I am getting eggs from my chickens. I would have eaten eggs for breakfast, but I needed to get my rear to work earlier so I skipped it.
:rolleyes:

/ Crickets in the basement - They've got to go! #130  
UPDATE!

So far I've stomped on 2 crickets for the only confirmed "kills" thus far.

Excellent! Squish three more and you will be an Ace!

Got Get 'Em Tiger! Lets hear your war cry! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Breakfast this morning was eggs from our chickens. :licking:

A bit later, I saw a hawk swoop right next to the window about five feet from the house and lower than the eaves. An hour or so later the wifey went out the back door and shouted! :shocked: I went to find out what was happening and the hawk was HANGING on our Chicken Tank looking at the chickens. :eek: MOMMA is not happy with that hawk. Yesterday, she was went after a possem with her pistol.! :laughing:

Don't get between a wifey and her chickens. :D

Granny never had crickets in the house that I know about but she did have roaches. Heck, we called them roaches but they were really Palmetto bugs which are huge. Borax killed those monsters.

Later,
Dan