Pennsylvania Clean and Green Tax Program

/ Pennsylvania Clean and Green Tax Program #31  
I have 283 acres continuous where I live, my home and outbuildings are on a 60 acre pacel. I used the figures for the 223 acres which are vacant, this is forest land. Luzerne County. Spring - county & twp $69.69. Fall - school $116.29. Total for both $185.98 I also have 60 acres in Columbia County in the program, forest land. Spring - county & twp $27.44. Fall - school $96.26. Total for both $123.70. I always pay my taxes in the discount period which is 2% I believe.

As you can see the figures are in fact different, Luzerne County 223 acres for $186, Columbia 60 acres for $124. Have no explanation for that. Still not bad figures to pay on vacant land which I never have any intention of subdividing or building on.

/ Pennsylvania Clean and Green Tax Program
I have 283 acres continuous where I live, my home and outbuildings are on a 60 acre pacel. I used the figures for the 223 acres which are vacant, this is forest land. Luzerne County. Spring - county & twp $69.69. Fall - school $116.29. Total for both $185.98 I also have 60 acres in Columbia County in the program, forest land. Spring - county & twp $27.44. Fall - school $96.26. Total for both $123.70. I always pay my taxes in the discount period which is 2% I believe.

As you can see the figures are in fact different, Luzerne County 223 acres for $186, Columbia 60 acres for $124. Have no explanation for that. Still not bad figures to pay on vacant land which I never have any intention of subdividing or building on.

Oh my.....that does sound sweet. I read the 3 links that forgeblast posted and did notice that the county or township could lower the set rate but could not increase it. Maybe one of your counties did that or there are different rates for different areas which also makes sense. Either way, your tax figures look really great.:thumbsup: