Mennonite Produce Auction

/ Mennonite Produce Auction #1  

sjerden

Silver Member
Tractor
2 Allis Chalmers WD, Case SC
horsesMenos.jpgPicked up my yearly supply of pumpkins last Friday at the Mennonite produce auction. They hold two auction a week through the summer. They are my neighbors and the auction shed is just around the corner from my farm. The Mennonite farmer bending over the box of pumpkins is my next door neighbor. That's two of his Belgins pulling the wagons.

/ Mennonite Produce Auction #3  
There are a lot of Mennonites in this area. Their produce is great.

/ Mennonite Produce Auction #4  
Very interesting. Mennonites mostly left this area. It's a two hour drive to any of the communities I know.
Thanks for posting.

/ Mennonite Produce Auction #5  
Thanks for the pictures. They take alot of pride in their products they make and grow.

/ Mennonite Produce Auction #6  
The local Amish do the same here in central Ky. Sells for less than you can produce it, however, that takes away all the fun and fresh air involved in raising it yourself. Ken Sweet

/ Mennonite Produce Auction
Thanks for the pictures. They take alot of pride in their products they make and grow.

Nice tractor you have there. Looks like a DC. I've got a 47 Case SC in my collection. I've also got a Case grain binder that I plan on putting behind the SC, when I get it running. My icon is of the Allis WD hooked to Case binder.

caseSC-5.jpg

Last edited:
   / Mennonite Produce Auction #8  
There is one near here (Amish), I've never been to one of their auctions, but apparently they do a big business!

/ Mennonite Produce Auction #9  
In the last few yrs have been getting Amish from KY,Ohio, and NYS moving up in the north country. Tons of BIG teams pulling plows and farming. I haul Milk for a living. Got 12 Amish farms on the rte now. Steel wheels on the wagons and milk cows by hand. Nice to have people moving into the area and not signing up for gov assistance and then stealing anything thats not tied down.

/ Mennonite Produce Auction #10  
We have quite a few mennonite familys in our country, they are asset to there neighbours and the coummunity. The girls and I take our deer to them to be proccessed. They do an awesome job. Some of the best summer sausage and deer jerky I have ever had. LUTT