Just got my 80 acres -- now what?

/ Just got my 80 acres -- now what? #31  
The journey you are on is probably one of the most fulfilling you will ever undertake. Now a whole new world of tools and options have come into play for you and the wife (remember what Christmas felt like as a child:D) Just compare to living in the Suburbs, the most you'd have to look forward too was what lawnmower, weed eater, edger and HOA you wanted:laughing:

/ Just got my 80 acres -- now what? #32  
The journey you are on is probably one of the most fulfilling you will ever undertake. Now a whole new world of tools and options have come into play for you and the wife (remember what Christmas felt like as a child:D) Just compare to living in the Suburbs, the most you'd have to look forward too was what lawnmower, weed eater, edger and HOA you wanted:laughing:

Ain't it the truth, today rather than sitting in a rocker or in front of the TV, my son and I will be tearing out a portion of one our roads undercut by run off, dressing the roadbed down, digging and hauling dirt then finishing it off wit a topping of 2" rock. We lived in town for close to thirty years; can't beat a place in the country.:thumbsup:

/ Just got my 80 acres -- now what? #33  
haying can be spendy.

bailer, rake, mower, bale handler/

large older tractor?

I'd sit and think seriously on the hay issue before deciding about buying..

/ Just got my 80 acres -- now what? #34  
One of my happiest days was buying my 70 acres. And I REALLY, REALLY enjoy my 30HP 4X4 Kubota. A front end loader is worth it's weight in gold.....well, silver maybe.
BTW, Be sure that you list the place as farm/agriculure/forest preserve etc or the taxes will be staggering. Spend alot of time here....on this site. It will save you money and might prevent you from getting hurt.
Congrats and have fun