Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Silver Member sjerden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    123
    Location
    Illinois
    Tractor
    2 Allis Chalmers WD, Case SC

    Default Hedgewood Acres

    I teach digital arts at a local Jr. College. I also collect antique horse-drawn farm equipment. I created a Web site of my farm in Adobe Flash containing photos of my farm and surrounding area. Take a look at it at Hedgewood Acres and let me know what you think.

    I have assembled a collection of some pretty rare old farm equipment. Everyone's after the old tractors, but leaves the old equipment alone which has been great for me.

  2. #2
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,089
    Location
    Canada
    Tractor
    MF

    Default Re: Hedgewood Acres

    Your website looks great. The only thing I notice is the text at the bottom is cut off. I can only see the upper half of the words. I too like the old implements. To most people they are just a chunk of metal that they are only too happy for people like you and me to take off there hands. Do you restore some of the equipment or just bring it back to working order.

  3. #3
    Super Member tcreeley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,038
    Location
    Cybervilla Estates
    Tractor
    Sold it to my wife for a dollar.

    Default Re: Hedgewood Acres

    nice stuff!
    moved - parts unknown - too political

  4. #4
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,436
    Location
    Yanceyville, North Carolina
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

    Default Re: Hedgewood Acres

    I enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for posting.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

  5. #5
    Silver Member sjerden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    123
    Location
    Illinois
    Tractor
    2 Allis Chalmers WD, Case SC

    Default Re: Hedgewood Acres

    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE R View Post
    Your website looks great. The only thing I notice is the text at the bottom is cut off. I can only see the upper half of the words. I too like the old implements. To most people they are just a chunk of metal that they are only too happy for people like you and me to take off there hands. Do you restore some of the equipment or just bring it back to working order.
    Mike,

    How about now? I moved the text up to the top of the page. Hedgewood Acres.com If it caches you might have to re-fresh to get the new page.

    The wood stuff is shedded. I have an Allis WD and some snap-coupler equipment I use around the farm; 2 old 10' Allis "Power Adjust" disc, SC 2bttm plow, SC Blade, Allis loader, Allis post auger. Too many other things to list. I just use what works and "store" the rest.

  6. #6
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,089
    Location
    Canada
    Tractor
    MF

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sjerden

    Mike,

    How about now? I moved the text up to the top of the page. Hedgewood Acres.com If it caches you might have to re-fresh to get the new page.

    The wood stuff is shedded. I have an Allis WD and some snap-coupler equipment I use around the farm; 2 old 10' Allis "Power Adjust" disc, SC 2bttm plow, SC Blade, Allis loader, Allis post auger. Too many other things to list. I just use what works and "store" the rest.
    I will look at it tommorow when I get a chance. The old equiptment is never going to die if people like us keep it out of the scrap yard.

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    5,672
    Location
    Cedartown, Ga and N. Ga mountains
    Tractor
    1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39

    Default Re: Hedgewood Acres

    I like your site but the photo's were not clear on my Mac. Nice collection.

    MarkV

  8. #8
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,129
    Location
    GA, TN
    Tractor
    Kubota L4330HST

    Default Re: Hedgewood Acres

    Love the hearse in the ditch. It speaks volumes, but I'm not sure exactly what;-)

  9. #9
    Silver Member sjerden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    123
    Location
    Illinois
    Tractor
    2 Allis Chalmers WD, Case SC

    Default Re: Hedgewood Acres

    Quote Originally Posted by JRobyn View Post
    Love the hearse in the ditch. It speaks volumes, but I'm not sure exactly what;-)
    Local Goth type that use to frequent all the auctions. Always wore black. He owed two of these, this one and a green one. He met a girl online in California, She came out for a visit. He let her drive this one. She had never seen, or been in snow. She put it in the deepest part of the ditch, in a culvert.

  10. #10
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,089
    Location
    Canada
    Tractor
    MF

    Default Re: Hedgewood Acres

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
    I like your site but the photo's were not clear on my Mac. Nice collection.
    There not the clearest on my screen too. It looks better with the text at the top.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tractor Suggestion 3 acres Lawn 5 acres Field
    By dpcote in forum John Deere Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-01-2012, 08:34 AM
  2. Buying Advice BX vs B for 7 acres
    By johnandcaren in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 08:28 AM
  3. Tractor Sizing 80 acres
    By GT71 in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 07:58 AM
  4. 24 acres
    By Beavis in forum Owning/Operating
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 09:17 AM
  5. 3.5 acres, what do i need?
    By berettafan in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 11:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.