East Coast Mountain Lion

/ East Coast Mountain Lion #1  

scesnick

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
I live way back in the sticks in the mountains of extreme western Md. Pretty much on the Wv. border. For yrs the Mayland DNR and WV DNR claimed that there was no such thing as mountain lions in our region or the east coast for that matter. I have personally seen two in my life on my property.

Now, with everyone having trail cams in the woods these days, I knew it was just a matter of time till we got a legitimate picture of one.
Low and behold my co worker of all people got this fabulous picture on his farm last week. This picture and prints were confirmed by the Pa. Game Commission. this was taken just across the Pa. line outside of Uniontown Pa.

Attachments

• rsz_pops_mt_lion.jpg
    rsz_pops_mt_lion.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 692
   / East Coast Mountain Lion #2  
My buddies who hunt in WM talk about the stories they hear, but have never seen one. I'll pass the word.

/ East Coast Mountain Lion #5  
I live way back in the sticks in the mountains of extreme western Md. Pretty much on the Wv. border. For yrs the Mayland DNR and WV DNR claimed that there was no such thing as mountain lions in our region or the east coast for that matter. I have personally seen two in my life on my property.

Now, with everyone having trail cams in the woods these days, I knew it was just a matter of time till we got a legitimate picture of one.
Low and behold my co worker of all people got this fabulous picture on his farm last week. This picture and prints were confirmed by the Pa. Game Commission. this was taken just across the Pa. line outside of Uniontown Pa.
I'm impressed. I've been hearing stories all of my life; but nobody has ever taken a picture or even found tracks.
I just assumed they were dropped off by aliens for excercise while they went on to feed the Loch Ness monster. ;)

Nice picture, thanks for sharing.

/ East Coast Mountain Lion #6  
-Seen one in central Mass. 1974 and another in central Maine. The experts will always tell you that's not possible.

/ East Coast Mountain Lion #7  
I saw one about 13 years or so ago in our area. WV DNR says they do not exist.

/ East Coast Mountain Lion #8  
yet another reason to buy a CABBED tractor

/ East Coast Mountain Lion #9  
we were told in Wisconsin they were not in the state till they were caught on camera,now all of a sudden they are here,and they are protected.

/ East Coast Mountain Lion #10  
i hope they can explain this in a way that it is an escaped pet