Plasma TV's? Good, bad or ugly?

/ Plasma TV's? Good, bad or ugly? #71  
Last year we bought a 60" Plasma ( Samsung I think) and had it for a weekend. IMO, the picture quality was poor. The color separation was horrible. For example, watching a NHL hockey game, the ice looked grey. If a player had a black glove and black pants, they became a black blob. NFL games, the grass was grayish green and regular movies were always very dark. We returned it and after much back and forth with the Best Buy sales guy telling me that's how color is in real life and the picture is more fluid, blah blah blah. We replaced it with a Sharp LED that had neon green grass, blue NHL ice and fantastic color. I would not own a plasma given all the other options.

/ Plasma TV's? Good, bad or ugly? #72  
As I mentioned in a previous posting, we have an NEC 32" Plasma and a NEC 32" LCD and both use exactly 174 watts according to my energy meter so I believe it could take more power to drive larger screens whatever type they are. The plasma is the main one we use and it gets no hotter than the LCD. One day I'll get a bigger one.....