Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3130HST w/LA723 loader

Default HughesNet G4

Is anyone getting service from the new Hughes satelite EchoStar 17 launched July 5, 2012? My wireless provider was bought out by Skybeam in Texas and is getting worse by the day.

I would like to know if the Hughes service is any better than previously reported.

Vernon
    Last edited by texbaylea; 10-12-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: sp
    Kubota L3130HST, BL4690B backhoe, LA723 Loader w/QA, 6' BB, 6' Bush Hog, 5' RB, PHD, ATI grapple, Hy-Reach Tree Shear, toothbar, pallet forks, grubbin bucket.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 950

Default Re: HughesNet G4

I have no respect for HughesNet. They have replaced Kimberly Joseph with some actor

Q: Who is that hot MILF actress in those HughesNet...

Tractor
    2010 Kubota B3200

Our internet through Hughesnet seems to be slower now than it was before. Video? Forget it! Their customer service is non-existent (ie SSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSS) Unless you can understand Indianees, forget about talking to them. Unfortunately, they are our only option, and they know it.

Tractor
    Kubota, L4400, BX1870

Yep, HughesNet is terrible. Although I know nothing about this G4. It doesn't matter though, its still HughesNet and they did it to themselves.
    Kubota L4400 - Land pride rear scraper blade, 6 foot landscape rake, 72'' Frontier Box Blade, Land Pride 60'' finish mower, Land Pride Q/A pallet forks, County Line Carryall built to haul and loaded R-1's
    Kubota RTV500
    Kubota BX1870

Previous Tractors: 1978 B7100, 2009 B3200

Gold Member
    Tractor
    MF 35, Mahindra 4035

I'm on hughesnet and so far am happy...just my

Rich

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX22

Dont do it! Hughesnet was the worst ISP. used to be that you could download 100mb an hour without any issues, then without any notice they changed it to 250mb a day!!! then they reduced the limit to 200mb a day. Called customer service every time I had a issue and they all just say well you can upgrade to a better service plan at 20x the price. Don't know what they do now as the first day DSL was available in my neck of the woods I switched! Have not had a issue since! I can download gig's a day on DSL. Hughesnet lost a class-action sute for false advertising and changing their policies without notifying customers. If you go with Hughesnet you better block YouTube or your ***** will get fap'ed (fair access ploicy) before you know it.

BX22
    Fel, BH, MMM, Plow/dozer blade with quick hitch. 4ft Box Blade, 3pt boom arm, 3pt 51" Meteor Snowblower!

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX22

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeBeast View Post
    Dont do it! Hughesnet was the worst ISP. used to be that you could download 100mb an hour without any issues, then without any notice they changed it to 250mb a day!!! then they reduced the limit to 200mb a day. Called customer service every time I had a issue and they all just say well you can upgrade to a better service plan at 20x the price. Don't know what they do now as the first day DSL was available in my neck of the woods I switched! Have not had a issue since! I can download gig's a day on DSL. Hughesnet lost a class-action sute for false advertising and changing their policies without notifying customers. If you go with Hughesnet you better block YouTube or your ***** will get fap'ed (fair access ploicy) before you know it.
    Cant believe they sensor A $ $!!!!

BX22
    Fel, BH, MMM, Plow/dozer blade with quick hitch. 4ft Box Blade, 3pt boom arm, 3pt 51" Meteor Snowblower!

Tractor
    Mahindra 3510 w/FEL

Quote Originally Posted by texbaylea View Post
    Is anyone getting service from the new Hughes satelite
    We moved out in the sticks here a couple years ago, and there is no DSL or cable (one reason we moved here, it's out), so I thought my only option for internet would be satellite. I did some research and read dismal reviews about satellite service, and when the local satellite dealer explained the expensive - and inflexible - contract I would have to sign, I started looking for another option.

That's when I found Verizon's wireless MiFi. I've been using Verizon 3G service here for a couple years and have been very happy with it. No, it's not lightening fast like my cable service in the city was, but it is acceptable. I work from home and rely heavily on internet service. For example, I routinely have online meetings where I log onto a customer's PC remotely, and this MiFi has performed well.

If DSL or cable are available, I'd suggest using one of those (I preferred cable). But I can highly recommend the Verizon wireless hot spot where those two services are not available. They've started rolling out 4G service now, but it's not out here yet.

- djb
    The best things in life aren't things.

2003 Mahindra 3510 with front end loader
    2010 Dixie Chopper 2550 ZTM: 25 hp Kohler, 50" cut

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftriver View Post
    Our internet through Hughesnet seems to be slower now than it was before. Video? Forget it! Their customer service is non-existent (ie SSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSS) Unless you can understand Indianees, forget about talking to them. Unfortunately, they are our only option, and they know it.
    Swiftriver is right.

I would use less kind words to describe it.
    On top of all that, the clock they use to determine the "24 hours"period for exceeding your limits and getting slapped with throttling changes. Some days it expires at noon, 10am, midnight, beats the carp outta me what time...

ALSO it seems we will all need to upgrade, resubscribe and buy NEW equipment to get access to Gen4...

My 2 years is up end of March 13, and I'm gonna look around.

Has anyone heard of this new sat internet company, Excede?

David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

We have never had any problems with Hughes, but don't have Gen4 yet. We have researched and in our location, there are no other options.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast