pickin up leaves,what do you use?

/ pickin up leaves,what do you use? #21  
I have a John Deere 318, but any tractor with a vacuum system will work also. I find the bags on these tractors fill quickly and is a slow process to pick up leaves. Soo, I bought a cheap little trailor from Fleet Farm, and built a hood (box) over it w/ a door and gate in the back. I cut a round hole in the front for a hose (same diamension as the deck shoot). Then run the hose from the deck to the trailor. You will need to cut a hole for a vent in the box as well. An air vent from a heating duct works. Ebay sells the hose called "leaf hose", but other companies on the internet sell it to. Ask how long the hose is relaxed and not streatched. You want to buy with the measure relaxed. This System works great and much cheaper then buying a cylone rake or other fancy leaf vac system!
To get fancy, look on Craigs list till you find a blower system to attach on the hitch. Buy enough hose to reach your window wells ect. You might need to weld an extension on the hitch if you add the blower system.

/ pickin up leaves,what do you use? #22  
I just mow them up into little pieces and let them do what they want after that.

Eddie

/ pickin up leaves,what do you use? #23  
007.jpg009.jpgI converted my BX into a mulcher by making a plate that covers the opening of the mower deck. Only cost a few bucks to make and it works really well.

/ pickin up leaves,what do you use? #24  
Trac Vac 580 behind my Ferris ZTR with mulching blades on about 1.5 acres. In the rougher areas I mow and mulch back into the soil to build it up.

Then mix some of last years compost and a little fertlizer and this converts to 10 yards of compost for beds next year.