pickin up leaves,what do you use?

/ pickin up leaves,what do you use? #1  

hitts427

Bronze Member
Tractor
kioti lk 3054
I'm using this Jacobsen 72 in,sweeper.12 hp kohler.Picks up leaves,sticks and even some acorns. sweeper neat.jpgsweeper.jpgsweeper3.jpgsweeper4.jpgsweeper5.jpgsweeper6.jpg

/ pickin up leaves,what do you use? #2  
i Use a Cyclone rake.Makes short work in cleaning yard.

/ pickin up leaves,what do you use? #4  
I don't. I'm in the fortunate situation where the wind takes care of it. No nieghbors for a quarter mile. As a kid I had to rake the dam things, load em onto an old bedspread and haul up into the woods. Was just such a foolish waste of time. The wind would blow the nextdoor guys leaves back into our yard.
There ought to be a law for such things.

/ pickin up leaves,what do you use? #5  
I just lawn mowed them and let them compost in place. Don't just let them lay. I used to have a couple of maples and when the leaves dropped they'd be knee high walking through them, then I'd run a lawn mower and that sucker'd be spitting out a solid stream of leaf bits. Then rake it out all nice and even. Easy on me and good for the yard. I had some s**t hot grass then.

/ pickin up leaves,what do you use? #6  
A vintage Woods vacuum but modified to handle a 72" deck: 12" hose, bigger motor, reversed intake side. Runing behind a JD 935 front mower. Leaves, branches, hickory nuts, walnuts, horse poop, dog poop, a few bricks once in a while from driveway edging, a glove once and grass clippings.

/ pickin up leaves,what do you use? #8  
Got this DR leaf vacuum for Mom's yard a few years ago. Does a good job if you want to get the leaves off the grass or don't mulch with the mower. I don't need it any more for Mon's yard she got rid of some trees from wind damage. My yard is too small for this so if anyone wants this for half of what it cost me PM me.

Attachments

• IMG_0254 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0254 (Medium).jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 168
   / pickin up leaves,what do you use? #9  
Got this DR leaf vacuum for Mom's yard a few years ago. Does a good job if you want to get the leaves off the grass or don't mulch with the mower. I don't need it any more for Mon's yard she got rid of some trees from wind damage. My yard is too small for this so if anyone wants this for half of what it cost me PM me.

That thing looks like a nuclear power plant! :thumbsup: