Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tractor
    JD 4700

Default Re: anyone built a signal cannon or other legal muzzle loader/black powder style?

Quote Originally Posted by lockhaven View Post

love it, the cricket man good OL'Moss has been quiet lately, do you think maybe they have him maybe you and me should go and rescue him, or we could just drink some more beer
    Those Crickets might have Ol' Moss tied up and held hostage in the basement....

Maybe we should rescue him but first we should set up a perimeter around the house and try to talk the Crickets into letting him go. That will take some time though, and since the cannon you mentioned was using cans filled with concrete as ammo, I would suggest we bring some beer, Coors is good as is Yuengling. On the other hand, the cans filled with gravel might be more effective in taking out Crickets. Since the emptying of cans and filling them with gravel might take some time I will bring my smoker/grill so we can have some smoked pork loin during the negotiations.... I suspect the rescue of O' Moss, which surely will be epic and told in songs for centuries ever after, is gong to take more time than we think.

Poor Ol' Moss might be tied up awhile until we can work out his release....

I suppose while we are at it, we might as well take care of Ol' Moss's fox problem.

Frankly, these muzzle loading cannons sound kinda scary. I am trying to figure out WHY SoundGuy REALLY wants one. Maybe he is going to head south to the Keys and lead the Conch Republic in succession from the US of A. Or maybe he wants to be a so he can play with swords and say Arrrrggh!

Course, I have never heard of driving/owning pirate....

Later,
    Dan

Tractor
    Kubota 7510, Toro Groundsmaster 217D

Default Re: anyone built a signal cannon or other legal muzzle loader/black powder style?

bowling ball cannon I like that, perhaps a pound of powder for a shot
    Eegads man- I'd never see it again!!

think about the landing, what is the diameter of a bowling ball? I and assuming we are talking ten pin size
    I tried to find the video of a guy using it to take down an old cement stave silo...thought I might get into that business. There are a tone of videos on you tube of cannons and mortars people have made for bowling balls. Some quite elaborate.

This guy used about 1/2 cup of powder....only a few ounces
    I thank God everyday for all of the blessings he has given me- especially for the one's I do not recognize or see!

Tractor

bowling ball cannon I like that, perhaps a pound of powder for a shot
    This cannon uses 4 ounces of powder......

I thank God everyday for all of the blessings he has given me- especially for the one's I do not recognize or see!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deer Lt160

Grizzly.com
    they have small cannon kits

Tractor
    JD 4700

Quote Originally Posted by CBW1999 View Post
    This cannon uses 4 ounces of powder......

That guy's cannon looks like a real US Government Issue! Where did he get those old tires?

Later,
    Dan

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

neat looking!

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by dmccarty View Post
    That guy's cannon looks like a real US Government Issue! Where did he get those old tires?

Later,
    Dan
    You can get surplus trailers pretty easy. Probably modified the frame from one to come up with that. Seeing him tow it with that deauce and a half makes me wonder how many times he gets pulled over by the cops!

Gold Member
    Tractor
    A little of everything

This was built by a friend of mine. We PC it for him a few weeks back. It's small, but you would believe how big of a "boom" this little thing will make.

-rsz_1img-20121004-00674-jpg

Tractor
    Kubota l3400

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    That one sounds a heck of a lot safer than the "pipebomb"
    A little late getting back, but I thought I'd post some pics of the ones I made.

These first three are how they are currently. A little dirty from sitting

-cannon1-jpg-cannon2-jpg-cannon3-jpg

Here are some pics of how nice they looked when first completed. The third pic is actually not one of mine, but one I made for someone else.

-e41a0476-jpg-e41a0477-jpg-e41a0484-jpg-e41a0506-jpg-e41a0507-jpg
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."

Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    or mortar.. etc?

if so.. post pics/ descriptions..
    Rumor has it I've been involved in some VERY impressive "Tater Cannons"... But we were never willing to use black powder...

David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, horse pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast