anyone built a signal cannon or other legal muzzle loader/black powder style?

/ anyone built a signal cannon or other legal muzzle loader/black powder style? #21  
:cool2::drink:
love it, the cricket man good OL'Moss has been quiet lately, do you think maybe they have him maybe you and me should go and rescue him, or we could just drink some more beer

Those Crickets might have Ol' Moss tied up and held hostage in the basement....

Maybe we should rescue him but first we should set up a perimeter around the house and try to talk the Crickets into letting him go. That will take some time though, and since the cannon you mentioned was using cans filled with concrete as ammo, I would suggest we bring some beer, Coors is good as is Yuengling. On the other hand, the cans filled with gravel might be more effective in taking out Crickets. Since the emptying of cans and filling them with gravel might take some time I will bring my smoker/grill so we can have some smoked pork loin during the negotiations.... :drink: I suspect the rescue of O' Moss, which surely will be epic and told in songs for centuries ever after, is gong to take more time than we think.

Poor Ol' Moss might be tied up awhile until we can work out his release....

I suppose while we are at it, we might as well take care of Ol' Moss's fox :fox: problem. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Frankly, these muzzle loading cannons sound kinda scary. :D I am trying to figure out WHY SoundGuy REALLY wants one. :laughing::laughing::laughing: Maybe he is going to head south to the Keys and lead the Conch Republic in succession from the US of A. Or maybe he wants to be a :pirate: so he can play with swords :fencing: and say Arrrrggh! :D:D:D

Course, I have never heard of :tractor: driving/owning pirate....

Later,
Dan

/ anyone built a signal cannon or other legal muzzle loader/black powder style? #22  
bowling ball cannon I like that, perhaps a pound of powder for a shot
Eegads man- I'd never see it again!!

think about the landing, what is the diameter of a bowling ball? I and assuming we are talking ten pin size

I tried to find the video of a guy using it to take down an old cement stave silo...thought I might get into that business. There are a tone of videos on you tube of cannons and mortars people have made for bowling balls. Some quite elaborate.

This guy used about 1/2 cup of powder....only a few ounces

/ anyone built a signal cannon or other legal muzzle loader/black powder style? #25  
This cannon uses 4 ounces of powder......

:laughing::laughing::laughing: That guy's cannon looks like a real US Government Issue! :thumbsup: Where did he get those old tires? :D

Later,
Dan

/ anyone built a signal cannon or other legal muzzle loader/black powder style?
neat looking!

/ anyone built a signal cannon or other legal muzzle loader/black powder style? #27  
:laughing::laughing::laughing: That guy's cannon looks like a real US Government Issue! :thumbsup: Where did he get those old tires? :D

Later,
Dan

You can get surplus trailers pretty easy. Probably modified the frame from one to come up with that. Seeing him tow it with that deauce and a half makes me wonder how many times he gets pulled over by the cops!

/ anyone built a signal cannon or other legal muzzle loader/black powder style? #28  
This was built by a friend of mine. We PC it for him a few weeks back. It's small, but you would believe how big of a "boom" this little thing will make.

rsz_1img-20121004-00674.jpg

/ anyone built a signal cannon or other legal muzzle loader/black powder style? #29  
That one sounds a heck of a lot safer than the "pipebomb"

A little late getting back, but I thought I'd post some pics of the ones I made.

These first three are how they are currently. A little dirty from sitting

cannon1.jpgcannon2.jpgcannon3.jpg

Here are some pics of how nice they looked when first completed. The third pic is actually not one of mine, but one I made for someone else.

E41A0476.JPGE41A0477.JPGE41A0484.JPGE41A0506.JPGE41A0507.JPG

/ anyone built a signal cannon or other legal muzzle loader/black powder style? #30  
or mortar.. etc?

if so.. post pics/ descriptions..

Rumor has it I've been involved in some VERY impressive "Tater Cannons"... But we were never willing to use black powder...

:D

David