Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Gold Member

Default Hunkered down for Sandy?

We're in SE VA, not right on the coast, but pretty close to the mouth of the bay. We started feeling the outer reaches of the storm about 24 hours ago. Since then, we've had about 3" of rain and gusts are consistently up around 30mph. As of now, the center of the storm is still well over 400 miles away and moving this way at the leisurely pace of 15mph. Power outages already creeping into the area. All sorts of schools/colleges/gov offices/etc already closed for tomorrow. 263 according to one local news channel.

I guess the silver lining is, we'll get a break from being inundated with election fliers/mailers/phonecalls/tvcommercials/etc.

Keith

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Default Re: Hunkered down for Sandy?

Quote Originally Posted by KTurner View Post
    I guess the silver lining is, we'll get a break from being inundated with election fliers/mailers/phonecalls/tvcommercials/etc.

Keith
    Yeah, that will be a welcome relief...I reckon most folks know who they're going to vote for by now.

Looking at the latest satellite view of the storm, it does look like it's heading right up the Chesapeake. Be safe!! and Good Luck!
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    1986 MF 1040, 1942 Farmall A, 1949 Farmall Super A

Quote Originally Posted by KTurner View Post

Keith
    Good Evenin Keith,
    That is with out a doubt the very best part !!!
    scotty

,,,course,,it is gas,and gas is,,well,gas,,so,,but it kills the @#$$ oughta them yellow jackets,,,thingy

http://www.tractorbynet.com/content/...onth-scott_vt/

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old MF

Be safe Keith, you and yours. Assuming your prepared for the worst. Take care.

Tractor
    John Deere Gator, 1974 Gravely l8 FOR SALE, 2008 John deere 425 zero turn

Im in calvert county, Md about 5 miles from water in each way. There was whitecaps at about 2 o clock this afternoon. Just going to wait it out. Just finished a tune up on the 029, getting ready for this!

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

I'm 12 miles due south of the Washington Monuement. As of now, about 2130 Sunday, it hasn't rained enough to wash in the lime I spread Saturday.
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, 2 Piranha's, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller, 5' Big Bee cutter, with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota l3130

Be sure to give us a blow by blow.

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

I was surprised to hear this weekend that the US Navy was not getting all the ships underway in the Hampton Roads/Norfolk area. I wonder if they still think that was a wise decision this morning? Stay safe everyone. Flash floods may be the worst part of this storm for Chesapeake Bay and the Outer Banks.
    Jim

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

the latest model forecast is sandy will hit here directly over us as a tropical depression low wednesday morning. This reminds me - gotta go get gas for the generator today. I was out all weekend cutting firewood. At least it wont be as bad as cat 1 on ocean shoreline...

Tractor
    Kubota 5030HSTC

water/fill bath tubs, fuel/full vehicles, pick up things that would blow around, generator running, cords to reach freezer/fridge, be prepared out there. Being without power, water, fuel, communications...it's a new world...hope everybody is safe...get all your meds restocked now. You can never be too prepared. If you are just waiting for it to hit, you don't appreciate what can happen and are wasting time when you could be preparing.
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast