Compare Penetration of Taurus PT709 to Ruger LCR .38spl with books

/ Compare Penetration of Taurus PT709 to Ruger LCR .38spl with books
pretty much what I would expect myself, BUT the guns also have a lot to do with it such a barrel lengths revolver vs semi auto etc
Mark

Yeah, that is true. The PT709 is a 3" barrel and the LCR is about a 2" barrel, if you can count the cylinder then that would add another 1" or so. It was just something different and fun to experiment with.

Since .38 +P is readily available and is safe in any modern .38, I think the test was not the correct one. Go ahead and try it again with the .38 +P.

Yeah, the +P would certainly make a difference. We didn't have any on hand to try as this was a last minute "hmm, what would happen if we shot books" kind of experiment. It was just neat to see the difference between the calibers with the same type (make and model) of ammo.

I wouldnt waste money on a .38 special pistol, just up it to a .357 magnum and lthen use the .38 cartridges for target practice. l have a friend who got a deal on a .50 cal Desert Eagle

I agree, I would rather spend the extra money and get the .357 for more ammo options. The .38spl is my brother's and he wanted something light to carry and at about 13 ounces there isn't much lighter than the LCR at least that I am aware of. The .357 model is about 17 ounces or so. Believe it or not those few extra ounces are noticeable.

/ Compare Penetration of Taurus PT709 to Ruger LCR .38spl with books #14  
I just read somewhere, can't remember where now, that the third largest polar bear ever killed was killed by an Inuit woman with a 22LR. She shot it in the eyes!! Makes me wonder how close it was when she shot it.

Bullet placement to kill. Force, penetration, and expansion to stop the target IF it is living.

Just my unscientific thoughts.

RSKY