Insulated work boots?

/ Insulated work boots? #1  

jymbee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 1652, 1949 Farmall H
I've used those rubber bottom, leather top, felt liner type boots for years as they do a good job of keeping my feet warm-- especially for winter jobs such as running our JD snowplow, or splitting wood. Jobs where you don't move around that much. But given they're relatively clumsy where you're doing a lot of walking, I'd like to find a pair of boots that would better suited for those times.

Any suggestions?

/ Insulated work boots? #2  
Walk faster? :laughing:

I run into the same thing, although I use lined rubber/vinyl boots for tractor work warmth and water proof. They get lighter as the season wears on, especially if you strap snowshoes on them now and then. :D

/ Insulated work boots? #3  
I've used those rubber bottom, leather top, felt liner type boots for years as they do a good job of keeping my feet warm-- especially for winter jobs such as running our JD snowplow, or splitting wood. Jobs where you don't move around that much. But given they're relatively clumsy where you're doing a lot of walking, I'd like to find a pair of boots that would better suited for those times.

Any suggestions?

I haven’t had to wear a pair of boots at work for many many years which explains the extra 40lbs around my middle. I do manage quite a bit of outdoor work outside of my job and was always a bit of a snob (Full Leather and Vibram) for most my life. To finally get to the point, a couple years ago I stumbled on a pair of Rocky's in the bargain bin that where were priced so low I could not pass them up. Awesome boots, lite, waterproof, comfortable, and holding up very well. Give them a try.

/ Insulated work boots? #4  
I wear Wetland Muck Boots almost daily from late fall through spring. They are water proof, insulated, comfortable and wear well. Add some Dr. Scholls insoles and it feels like walking on clouds. They are advertised for temperatures 70 to -20F. I've had two pair that have lasted 3+ years each.

/ Insulated work boots? #5  
lacrosse icemans are the best.i used sorrels for years working outside all day and your feet would get cold after a long period,but i icemans i have had for 18 years never had cold feet.

/ Insulated work boots? #6  
But given they're relatively clumsy where you're doing a lot of walking, I'd like to find a pair of boots that would better suited for those times.

You're not alone. I had the same problem with the endless search for ...'the one boot to rule all outdoor activities'.... but settled on 3 different boots that will cover all my year round activities.

/ Insulated work boots?
That seems to be what it's coming down to for me as well. I'm looking at the options mentioned here and thinking that perhaps I need a winter hiking type boot along with more typical work boots.

But given they're relatively clumsy where you're doing a lot of walking, I'd like to find a pair of boots that would better suited for those times.

You're not alone. I had the same problem with the endless search for ...'the one boot to rule all outdoor activities'.... but settled on 3 different boots that will cover all my year round activities.

/ Insulated work boots? #8  
I have a friend who builds custom boots. He says if you want insulated boots, just buy leather boots and wear insulated socks, like Thinsulate or Gore-tex socks.