We grow 'em BIG in Taney County

/ We grow 'em BIG in Taney County #11  
congrats

/ We grow 'em BIG in Taney County #12  
If you're looking for good sized White-Tails, come on up to Saskatchewan...you have a good chance of bagging one that will set a world record!

/ We grow 'em BIG in Taney County #13  
James, my son actually wants a nice young deer to eat, he didn't shoot a rather large buck a few days ago as he wanted to keep him producing, he was chasing some smaller bucks away. Our land has 200+ acres of woods in addition to corn, wheat, bean fields so they are full bodied. Where we hunt is in the hills some distance from here and their diet is what they find in the woods, so are smaller bodied.

I haven't gotten one so far and would be happy to have that one.:thumbsup:

/ We grow 'em BIG in Taney County #14  
That's perfect eating size! So what's on the menu? Any summer sausage? My son had some cheddar summer sausage made last year. Oh boy, best stuff ever. Had his dear processed at Nadler's in Wellington.

You process your own?

/ We grow 'em BIG in Taney County
That's perfect eating size! So what's on the menu? Any summer sausage? My son had some cheddar summer sausage made last year. Oh boy, best stuff ever. Had his dear processed at Nadler's in Wellington.

You process your own?
We thought about it, since it is of a more manageable size, but we wimped out and took it to the deer processor.

James K0UA

/ We grow 'em BIG in Taney County #16  
Some years ago I hunted with a friend and we both brought animals home. He has a friend who was a retired butched that does a little freelance work on occasion. He pulled out his knives and gauntlet and started cutting. Two of us couldn't wrap and mark the meat fast enough. :eek: I can BUTCHER a deer but I prefer to have them butchered. :)

/ We grow 'em BIG in Taney County #17  
Am I the only one that can see the spots ? deer.jpg

:laughing::laughing:

I am suprised that kioti could even lift that 120lbs of deer :laughing:

Congrats on the kill. You have done better than me thus far. I havent been having much luck. I dont know where they all went this year??

On a side note, what do you do with the deer? Do you take it somewhere for processing? Do you do it yourself? What do you get? I know alot of guys that get ALL burger. Personally, I like the tip roast in the back legs and alot of jerky:thumbsup: and the cuts that arent so good for jerky (front legs, lower rear legs, etc) get ground.

/ We grow 'em BIG in Taney County #18  
James, nice buck, so he has a little milk on his mouth, just adds to the flavor:D

LD1, I bet you a cup of coffee, that Kioti tracked the deer down and brought it home for James, pretty smart tractor if you ask me!!!:laughing:

I took a "cull" buck last night, so I guess we will both be up to our arm pits today.

Great job, love to hear the deer coming back in that country over the last 30 years, where few when I lived in Harrison Arkansas.

Am I the only one that can see the spots ?View attachment 288641

:laughing::laughing:

I am suprised that kioti could even lift that 120lbs of deer :laughing:

Congrats on the kill. You have done better than me thus far. I havent been having much luck. I dont know where they all went this year??

On a side note, what do you do with the deer? Do you take it somewhere for processing? Do you do it yourself? What do you get? I know alot of guys that get ALL burger. Personally, I like the tip roast in the back legs and alot of jerky:thumbsup: and the cuts that arent so good for jerky (front legs, lower rear legs, etc) get ground.

Um.. lets see.. I checked for spots.. none noted:) .. Mr. Kioti lifted it with no problem..you might notice it has the Kubota bucket on it, I am sure that helped:). I had the Kioti bucket on, and that is when I noticed I had never gotten around to putting the hooks on the Kioti bucket:shocked: Oh, well SSQA is pretty quick. I did field dress the deer hanging from the bucket, easiest one I have ever done.. The wife and I considered butchering the deer ourselves, but we wimped out and took it in to the deer processor. We asked for roasts and the back-straps, and some breakfast sausage. Good luck in your deer quest:thumbsup:

James K0UA

James, nice buck, so he has a little milk on his mouth, just adds to the flavor:D

LD1, I bet you a cup of coffee, that Kioti tracked the deer down and brought it home for James, pretty smart tractor if you ask me!!!:laughing:

I took a "cull" buck last night, so I guess we will both be up to our arm pits today.

Great job, love to hear the deer coming back in that country over the last 30 years, where few when I lived in Harrison Arkansas.

Well I did the trailing, but the Kioti saved me from having to drag it up hill any further.. It was way easier with the tractor.. Yep quite a few around here now, But in the last couple of days they have been laying low:D Nothing like the sound of gunfire to wise up a deer in a hurry.

James K0UA