Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota l3400

Default Re: We grow 'em BIG in Taney County

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Um.. lets see.. I checked for spots.. none noted ..
    You should check again

I did see the kubota bucket. You how did you manage to keep that when you traided it in?

And yes, fielddressing with them hanging is the only way to go IMO. I dont like rolling the deer around in the innerds doing it on the ground. And processing it yourself is actually less messy and easier IMO than dressing the deer. I have always done my own. I guess there have been too many horror stories I have heard about taking deer in and not knowing what you are actually getting back. That these butcher shops weigh the deer, and make sure you get back the right amount, but wether its actually YOUR meat?......or wether it got mixed in with one someone gut shot, or let hang in 60 degree heat for a week I like knowing the meat I am eating IS from the deer I shot
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."

Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

LD1.. OMG.. I just opened your post of the photo, of my deer and noticed you put spots on my deer oh man!
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

I got this one on Nov 11th, the first one ever for me and it also came from my upper field so was easy to retrieve with my kubota. 160 yard shot with my 32 Special and scope.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscn1341-jpg   -img_0722-jpg  
    jake
    BX2660, plus weight box, middle buster and toothbar, and now Agri 40" rototiller, Brotek Wheel spacers ! oh and some home made forks too, and a Wallenstein BX42 Chipper and now a tow behind woodsplitter.and a TMI 48 Rotary Cutter..and 51 inch Agri Ease Snowblower...

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

Quote Originally Posted by LD1 View Post

And yes, fielddressing with them hanging is the only way to go IMO. I dont like rolling the deer around in the innerds doing it on the ground. And processing it yourself is actually less messy and easier IMO than dressing the deer. I have always done my own. I guess there have been too many horror stories I have heard about taking deer in and not knowing what you are actually getting back. That these butcher shops weigh the deer, and make sure you get back the right amount, but wether its actually YOUR meat?......or wether it got mixed in with one someone gut shot, or let hang in 60 degree heat for a week I like knowing the meat I am eating IS from the deer I shot
    Thats the truth! Give them a 120# deer and you get back a 40# box with lord knows what. Fortunalty we have a guy here thats does a great job, cleans after each deer, light cleaning mind you, but he makes a great effort to keep everyones deer seperate. He is a hunter also and said he was "burned" many times to (by processors)

Jake, nice heavy antlered deer!
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by LD1 View Post
    You should check again

I did see the kubota bucket. You how did you manage to keep that when you traided it in?

Ok. on the bucket, if you remember when I got the SSQA adapter from the Kubota dealer, I had them bring a new SSQA bucket so I could use it right away, they offered $100 in trade for the old pin on bucket, but I decided it was worth more than that to me to convert to SSQA. Which I did here:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/c...rting-pin.html

so when I traded in the Kubota of course I kept the converted bucket, which I prefer for digging anyway as it is smaller.

Also one reason we did not try to butcher the deer ourselves, was by the time we field dressed it, it was at least 60 degrees and rising at 8:30 and went to near 80 that day. Then Sunday it rained and turned cold with a hard freeze that night. A real change in the weather.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kubota l3400

LD1.. OMG.. I just opened your post of the photo, of my deer and noticed you put spots on my deer oh man!
    Yeah, I didnt think you looked at it after that last post Gotta love MS paint

Ok. on the bucket, if you remember when I got the SSQA adapter from the kubota dealer, I had them bring a new SSQA bucket so I could use it right away, they offered $100 in trade for the old pin on bucket, but I decided it was worth more than that to me to convert to SSQA. Which I did here:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/c...rting-pin.html

so when I traded in the Kubota of course I kept the converted bucket, which I prefer for digging anyway as it is smaller.
    I missed that thread. Heck yeah, $100 was well worth it to keep the bucket.

Also one reason we did not try to butcher the deer ourselves, was by the time we field dressed it, it was at least 60 degrees and rising at 8:30 and went to near 80 that day. Then Sunday it rained and turned cold with a hard freeze that night. A real change in the weather.

James K0UA
    Yep, gotta have a dedicated fridge or freezer if you try to do it yourself. If we dont have time to get one done right away and it is warm out, we quarter it (cut front legs off, rear legs, straps and loins) and throw in garbage bags and get in the fridge. Then within a week or so we can finish boning the legs and dicing for jerky or whatever. We dont fool with the carcass. Like the ribs and such. Just not enough meat to fool with.

From field dressed to skinned and quartered and in the fridge usually only takes ~30-40 minutes with two people. Most of that time is the skinning.

Ford 5500 Backhoe
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

Tractor
    John Deere 790, 420, 314, "L/60" Custom & 70 I

Nothing wrong with taking the young ones to eat, after all, if you're going to butcher a beef, you don't shoot an old bull!

I just finished grinding the yearling doe I got yesterday. I grind every bit, as that's the way I prefer to use it, chili & dried sticks.

I spent 20+ minutes watching this little fork horn yesterday before the group of five came to me.

-wildlife-2012-012-custom-jpg -wildlife-2012-009-custom-jpg

He was only 50' away from my "timber shack" when I first saw him, as I was watching the group the other direction.

I haven't pursued a "trophy" for years. I know what I see & could or couldn't shoot! Plenty of bigger bucks around in northwest MO.

This guy came up to the dead tree in '09, 40 feet from the shack, finally heard my camera & casually walked back the way he came.

-hpim0753-copy-jpg

grnspot

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

My youngest son got this one this morning. I had a nice buck come up close to me, but I couldn't get a shot at him.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Kubota l3400

I sure wish we could use rifles up here in ohio

Ford 5500 Backhoe
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

We are lucky as just across the river in Illinois in many places they have to use a shotgun. My son has owned that rifle, a Marlin in 35 Remington for close to 20 years and this is his first deer with it. He went on to "bigger and better" guns for a long time and just decided to use the Marlin this year.

We have a lot of unpopulated areas, so rifles are safe here, we were hunting in a 200+ acre area we own and it is just part of woods that goes for miles.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast