We grow 'em BIG in Taney County

/ We grow 'em BIG in Taney County #1  

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
This little fellow will be joining me soon for dinner. I know he is not very big, (did his mother run off when you shot it?:D).. I have heard them all.. but he is going to be "some gooooood 'eatin". And besides I did check him over real good for spots, and did not find a single spot on him.:) I used a 12 gauge Mossberg 500 with a Winchester slug at about 30 yards. I did have to track him about 100 yards, but the trail was such that even I could follow it with no trouble.

James K0UA

Attachments

• IMG_20121110_090543_622.jpg
    IMG_20121110_090543_622.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 564
   / We grow 'em BIG in Taney County #2  
I used a 12 gauge Mossberg 500 with a Winchester slug at about 30 yards. I did have to track him about 100 yards, but the trail was such that even I could follow it with no trouble.

James K0UA

Congrats nothing wrong with that deer. Bet you never had to track a hardcore criminal that far back in the day ! :D
Good to hear from Ya James ! :thumbsup:

Boone

/ We grow 'em BIG in Taney County
Congrats nothing wrong with that deer. Bet you never had to track a hardcore criminal that far back in the day ! :D
Good to hear from Ya James ! :thumbsup:

Boone

No, no criminal tracking, but then again, I never shot any:shocked: Thanks, and take care down there, Boone

James K0UA

/ We grow 'em BIG in Taney County #4  
Not a thing wrong with that deer, if they are like they are here in the foothills in AR. there plenty more where he came from! Enjoy! LUTT

/ We grow 'em BIG in Taney County #5  
The smaller they are the more tender the meat. Nothing wrong with that deer.

/ We grow 'em BIG in Taney County #6  
Thanks for posting. Are the dark colorations on the top of the carcass and one hind leg, due to shadows or are my eyes playing a distraction on me? BTW, venison is venison. Especially with a batch of homemade biscuits. Just a thought? That is the size of an average deer in "bullbreaker's" part of the Country. :D

/ We grow 'em BIG in Taney County #7  
That is the size of an average deer in "bullbreaker's" part of the Country. :D

Boy Oh Boy your not kinding either.Also I know you speak from experience. Very rare but 3 miles NE of me on occasion you'll spot a monster buck. I took a friend of mine visiting from Cody,WYO to a spot in that area where I had seen abunch of hog rooting so he could see it. When we pulled up in truck near spot there stood a monster of a buck. He jumped up in truck smashing his cowboy hat on roof of truck and yelled" Good dam thats one of the biggest bucks I've seen in my life and I'am from WYO". That buck we saw was kin to deer released about 35 years ago in that area nearby from Wisconsin. Just like most panthers nowadays are kin to cougars bought down here from out west and released almost 20 years ago.
We even have a wolf santuary near by and on occasion a wolf has been known to escape. I myself have seen a wolf 5 miles from my property standing bout 60' from side of road. Sorry was'nt trying and would never jack a thread just wanted to share that info.
Once again James neat pic with deer on that barn kepted :thumbsup: Kioti.

Boone

Shy Wolf Sanctuary Education and Experience Center- Exotic Rescues of Wolves, wolfdogs, panthers, foxes

/ We grow 'em BIG in Taney County #8  
Boy Oh Boy your not kinding either.Also I know you speak from experience. Very rare but 3 miles NE of me on occasion you'll spot a monster buck. I took a friend of mine visiting from Cody,WYO to a spot in that area where I had seen abunch of hog rooting so he could see it. When we pulled up in truck near spot there stood a monster of a buck. He jumped up in truck smashing his cowboy hat on roof of truck and yelled" Good dam thats one of the biggest bucks I've seen in my life and I'am from WYO". That buck we saw was kin to deer released about 35 years ago in that area nearby from Wisconsin. Just like most panthers nowadays are kin to cougars bought down here from out west and released almost 20 years ago.
We even have a wolf santuary near by and on occasion a wolf has been known to escape. I myself have seen a wolf 5 miles from my property standing bout 60' from side of road. Sorry was'nt trying and would never jack a thread just wanted to share that info.
Once again James neat pic with deer on that barn kepted :thumbsup: Kioti.

Boone

Shy Wolf Sanctuary Education and Experience Center- Exotic Rescues of Wolves, wolfdogs, panthers, foxes
When I lived and worked in Florida, a friend of mine worked on the Palmer Ranch-tens of thousands of acres. He once killed a buck that was huge. The Game and Fish stated that it was a Mule-Whitetail hybrid. I also apologize to the OP. It was not my attention to post facts that deviated from the original thread.

/ We grow 'em BIG in Taney County
No problem guys, post away. I have seen bigger deer here, but in the lower tier of county's I sure see a lot more smaller deer than Larger deer like they have in our northern counties. I think a lot of it is there is not much farm land down here, so they eat acorns and browse. Up north where there are crop fields, I think they raid the crops too. By the way I used the FEL to hang the deer and field dress it, let me tell you for an old guy, it sure beats the heck out of bending over and doing it with the animal lying on the ground. The dark areas in the photo are just shadows, The sun was still at a low angle.

James K0UA

/ We grow 'em BIG in Taney County #10  
James, nice deer, congrats:thumbsup:
I won't bore you with what wanders around here with impunity. They know when I have camera and don't show:confused2::mad: