Is there a "correct" way to remove a light bulb?

/ Is there a "correct" way to remove a light bulb? #1  

sweettractors

Advertiser
Tractor
JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA
For 26 yrs, I have replaced light bulbs in our present home when they go bad. Then 1 day this summer we had a lady come over and help with some odd jobs in the house. She twisted off 3 bulb bases in the sockets in one day. All I can figure out that caused this, is, that I put inward pressure on the bulb while screwing out. Is it common removal procedure to just grab the bulb and turn left? I told my wife that I was 0 for 26 years and 2 women were 3 messed up in 1 day. She really did not think that was funny! LOL Ken Sweet

/ Is there a "correct" way to remove a light bulb? #2  
I bet she was trying to hold the light bulb in place and rotate the house.:confused2:

Did the bulbs or sockets show signs of oxidization?

/ Is there a "correct" way to remove a light bulb? #3  
Lefty losey? But a potato stuck in the base after the bulb portion will remove the base most of the time, but pliers needed if that won't work.

/ Is there a "correct" way to remove a light bulb? #5  
Was she blonde?

/ Is there a "correct" way to remove a light bulb? #6  
I don't know if this is relevant, but I wipe the bulb screw base with WD40 before I install it. Over the years I've had a couple bulbs be heck to remove. Now there is no problems and no squeaking when their going in or out.

/ Is there a "correct" way to remove a light bulb?
No signs of oxidation. The potato and wd-40 are a good idea, however, I used a pair of snap ring pliers to remove. She was blonde for sure. Ken Sweet

/ Is there a "correct" way to remove a light bulb? #9  
What? No one blamed the "Chinese" bulb!