How do I get rid of ticks ???

/ How do I get rid of ticks ??? #31  
OK Mace, I'll bite. How does a monkey help rid the farm of ticks. I know they like to eat fleas, but ticks?

/ How do I get rid of ticks ??? #32  
One other tip, for personal protection. I was told many years ago that ticks hate something in Head & Shoulders. Don't know whether it is the zinc or what, or even whether it is true and proven, but ever since have kept some in the shower and do a head-to-toe wash with it every time I come out of the woods during tick season and can't remember the last time I found a tick on me (except a few walkers that I found before showering).

/ How do I get rid of ticks ??? #33  
OK Mace, I'll bite. How does a monkey help rid the farm of ticks. I know they like to eat fleas, but ticks?
They won't do anything for the farm...but maybe they would be good for the ones already on you. :D

grooming.jpg

/ How do I get rid of ticks ??? #34  
BIFENTHRIN, is some good stuff.

It is the active ingredient in Ortho Home Defense Max.

I've used the indoor spray to control ants, has a very long residual time. Spray it in the corners and around doors and I'm good to go for months.

For outside I use the concentrate and mix up some in my 15 gallon pull behind sprayer, then go for a leisurely cruise around the property using the boom to spray the the yard, the gravel drive around builds everywhere.
I use the hand wand to spray everything else, trees bushes...if it doesn't move it gets sprayed.

I just have to do that when the bug season starts getting into gear and might have to do a followup quicky spray later, depends on the rain.

If its a bug it isn't happy. Seed ticks..gone, fleas...never saw any, ants...what ants. :thumbsup:

Any Bifen-Difen-Permethrin will work well, similar to "cillin" as in amoxicillin-penicillin and other broad spectrum antibiotics.

/ How do I get rid of ticks ??? #35  
They won't do anything for the farm...but maybe they would be good for the ones already on you. :D

grooming.jpg

my wif'es a school teacher.. she(we) deal with too may 'short people' that act like monkeys all day anyway.

especially right before recess and right after lunch.. when they are flying around and bouncing off walls with high blood sugar induced super powers.. :)

/ How do I get rid of ticks ??? #36  
Permethrin is often used on humans. It's about the only thing that will kill out scabbies.

/ How do I get rid of ticks ??? #37  
Surprised no one has suggested diatomaceous earth? We don't have ticks on our property but we took our pups (GSD and a yellow Lab) to the local boarding place where they picked up ticks. We fought tooth and nail to get rid of the dang things; the biggest thing was to be proactive with the dogs (checking for and removing them every day) and give them baths and put the Frontline type stuff on them that's meant for fleas AND ticks. (We were previously just using the flea-only version.) We sprinkled the diatomaceous earth wherever we thought they might be. This stuff is actually even safe for you to ingest! (The stuff we got at Tractor Supply is labelled food safe!) I think (from what my wife told me) is that the ticks ingest it or get on it and it perforates them and dehydrates them.

It's been about 3 months and we haven't seen any more ticks for at least a month.

Sprinkle the stuff anywhere, even inside the house. Doesn't stink or anything either.

/ How do I get rid of ticks ??? #38  
Surprised no one has suggested diatomaceous earth? We don't have ticks on our property but we took our pups (GSD and a yellow Lab) to the local boarding place where they picked up ticks. We fought tooth and nail to get rid of the dang things; the biggest thing was to be proactive with the dogs (checking for and removing them every day) and give them baths and put the Frontline type stuff on them that's meant for fleas AND ticks. (We were previously just using the flea-only version.) We sprinkled the diatomaceous earth wherever we thought they might be. This stuff is actually even safe for you to ingest! (The stuff we got at Tractor Supply is labelled food safe!) I think (from what my wife told me) is that the ticks ingest it or get on it and it perforates them and dehydrates them.

It's been about 3 months and we haven't seen any more ticks for at least a month.

Sprinkle the stuff anywhere, even inside the house. Doesn't stink or anything either.

/ How do I get rid of ticks ??? #39  
DE works great against fleas here.. had no idea it worked on ticks too.

/ How do I get rid of ticks ??? #40  
We have a flock of 30 Guineas. They do a pretty good job of keeping the ticks down on our place.