Crap... lost a good dog today.

/ Crap... lost a good dog today. #1  

gsganzer

Elite Member
Tractor
L3800 w/FEL and BH77, BX 2200 w/FEL and MMM
We "adopted" Abbey about a year ago, after someone dropped her off on our street out in the country. She was a "Labra-doodle" and was quite a character. She was well trained, house broken and spayed, which really made us wonder why someone would just dump her and abandon her. It makes you wonder what her circumstances were with the previous owners, they surely weren't fit to be pet owners. We often called her "Gabby Abbey" because she was very vocal with grunting and groaning as she played, she was never a barker, just groaned and made throaty noises. She was a very calm dog that never got excited. She loved to ride in the car and was perfectly at home wherever you took her. She got along with all the other dogs we came across and was never a bother.

Unfortunately, we had a calamity of things happen this morning that resulted in a tragedy. Unfortunately, our neighbor unknowingly ran her over while leaving for work. I feel awful for the neighbor. They both adored each other. Abbey spent the whole weekend with our neighbor, while my wife and I were away this past weekend and our neighbor is just crushed. We're all pretty bummed out at our loss. I used the tractor to bury her at noon today, after finding her. It's tough to bury a good companion.

This dog will be a tough act to follow. I'm in no hurry to get another right now.

/ Crap... lost a good dog today. #2  
gsganzer said:
We "adopted" Abbey about a year ago, after someone dropped her off on our street out in the country. She was a "Labra-doodle" and was quite a character. She was well trained, house broken and spayed, which really made us wonder why someone would just dump her and abandon her. It makes you wonder what her circumstances were with the previous owners, they surely weren't fit to be pet owners. We often called her "Gabby Abbey" because she was very vocal with grunting and groaning as she played, she was never a barker, just groaned and made throaty noises. She was a very calm dog that never got excited. She loved to ride in the car and was perfectly at home wherever you took her. She got along with all the other dogs we came across and was never a bother.

Unfortunately, we had a calamity of things happen this morning that resulted in a tragedy. Unfortunately, our neighbor unknowingly ran her over while leaving for work. I feel awful for the neighbor. They both adored each other. Abbey spent the whole weekend with our neighbor, while my wife and I were away this past weekend and our neighbor is just crushed. We're all pretty bummed out at our loss. I used the tractor to bury her at noon today, after finding her. It's tough to bury a good companion.

This dog will be a tough act to follow. I'm in no hurry to get another right now.

Very sorry to hear, I sure am attached to my girl.

/ Crap... lost a good dog today. #3  
Each one has their own personality,and none are the same as the last. I believe everyone should own a good dog just once during their life. I am sorry for your loss, some hard days ahead, but be happy for the time you shared!

/ Crap... lost a good dog today. #4  
I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I lost my dog of 12 years last year....it is tough.

/ Crap... lost a good dog today. #5  
Sorry to here that you lost a good friend.

/ Crap... lost a good dog today. #6  
I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

/ Crap... lost a good dog today. #7  
So very sorry to hear this, for you, your neighbor and of course, your sweet Abbey.

We've been rescuers for decades and have only experienced a couple of 'good' dogs. Most came with some kind of baggage or issues but gawd, we loved them all and mourned their passing. Dogs are the best.

/ Crap... lost a good dog today. #8  
Sorry to hear of your loss of your furry friend.

/ Crap... lost a good dog today. #9  
So sorry to hear of your tragic loss.

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet