Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    BX 2200

Default Crap... lost a good dog today.

We "adopted" Abbey about a year ago, after someone dropped her off on our street out in the country. She was a "Labra-doodle" and was quite a character. She was well trained, house broken and spayed, which really made us wonder why someone would just dump her and abandon her. It makes you wonder what her circumstances were with the previous owners, they surely weren't fit to be pet owners. We often called her "Gabby Abbey" because she was very vocal with grunting and groaning as she played, she was never a barker, just groaned and made throaty noises. She was a very calm dog that never got excited. She loved to ride in the car and was perfectly at home wherever you took her. She got along with all the other dogs we came across and was never a bother.

Unfortunately, we had a calamity of things happen this morning that resulted in a tragedy. Unfortunately, our neighbor unknowingly ran her over while leaving for work. I feel awful for the neighbor. They both adored each other. Abbey spent the whole weekend with our neighbor, while my wife and I were away this past weekend and our neighbor is just crushed. We're all pretty bummed out at our loss. I used the tractor to bury her at noon today, after finding her. It's tough to bury a good companion.

This dog will be a tough act to follow. I'm in no hurry to get another right now.
    I plan to screech to a sideways stop at heavens gate, jump out with a cigar in one hand, a scotch in the other, yelling "WOOHOO!! WHAT A RIDE!!!"

Tractor
    New Holland T5070

Quote Originally Posted by gsganzer
    We "adopted" Abbey about a year ago, after someone dropped her off on our street out in the country. She was a "Labra-doodle" and was quite a character. She was well trained, house broken and spayed, which really made us wonder why someone would just dump her and abandon her. It makes you wonder what her circumstances were with the previous owners, they surely weren't fit to be pet owners. We often called her "Gabby Abbey" because she was very vocal with grunting and groaning as she played, she was never a barker, just groaned and made throaty noises. She was a very calm dog that never got excited. She loved to ride in the car and was perfectly at home wherever you took her. She got along with all the other dogs we came across and was never a bother.

Unfortunately, we had a calamity of things happen this morning that resulted in a tragedy. Unfortunately, our neighbor unknowingly ran her over while leaving for work. I feel awful for the neighbor. They both adored each other. Abbey spent the whole weekend with our neighbor, while my wife and I were away this past weekend and our neighbor is just crushed. We're all pretty bummed out at our loss. I used the tractor to bury her at noon today, after finding her. It's tough to bury a good companion.

This dog will be a tough act to follow. I'm in no hurry to get another right now.
    Very sorry to hear, I sure am attached to my girl.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -
    Benjamin Franklin

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
    -Winston Churchill

Tractor
    Kubota, BX23

Default Re: Crap... lost a good dog today.

Each one has their own personality,and none are the same as the last. I believe everyone should own a good dog just once during their life. I am sorry for your loss, some hard days ahead, but be happy for the time you shared!
    Kubota BX-23, BH, FEL, MMM, Various Bro-tek attachments, Exmark Lazermark.
    ASME Certified welding inspector specializing in Visual, Mag Particle, Dye Penetrant, and Ultrasonics

Tractor
    NH TD5030, 861 Ford Powermaster, 555A Ford Backhoe, S150x SnapperPro ZTR, Polaris Ranger XP800

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I lost my dog of 12 years last year....it is tough.
    Chris

Tractor
    New Holland TC40

Sorry to here that you lost a good friend.
    "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ..."

Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

LJH
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3120

So very sorry to hear this, for you, your neighbor and of course, your sweet Abbey.

We've been rescuers for decades and have only experienced a couple of 'good' dogs. Most came with some kind of baggage or issues but gawd, we loved them all and mourned their passing. Dogs are the best.

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Sorry to hear of your loss of your furry friend.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST, Case DX35

So sorry to hear of your tragic loss.

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
    David
    Please visit: Vacation Hawaii

CK30HST, FEL w/ATI Tach all, Toothbar, Pallet forks, BH, Hydraulic Offset Flail, Brush Hog, Box Blade, PHD, Tiller, Landscape Rake, Boom pole w/extension&winch, Quick hitch, TuffTop Canopy
    Case DX35 w/LX116 "bobtach" Loader,

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Sincerely sorry about your loss.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast